M or F B. albopilosum - Are these male accessory organs?

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The molt measured in at 2". This is looking like a male to me but I would like other opinions. The microsope pics kind of look like male accessory organs but I could be wrong. What does everyone think?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It doesn't look like they're connected...female spermathecae would be connected.

It's possible they are too underdeveloped to notice, but I'd think they would be pretty obvious (and a little larger) on a 2" molt.

I'd be interested to see the next molt though, if you could post a follow-up here when that happens.

--Joe

DDaake

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It doesn't look like they're connected...female spermathecae would be connected.

It's possible they are too underdeveloped to notice, but I'd think they would be pretty obvious (and a little larger) on a 2" molt.

I'd be interested to see the next molt though, if you could post a follow-up here when that happens.

--Joe
Ahh, yes. I didn't look at the last pics. lol

You may be right Joe. ;)

Is that spot on the abdomen normal?

Last edited:

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

--Joe
Thanks Joe, I will definitely update. Male accessory organs throw me off some times on the smaller ones, plus it does not help that my microscope is not really great. So it is nice to get other opinions.
Ahh, yes. I didn't look at the last pics. lol

You may be right Joe. ;)

Is that spot on the abdomen normal?
I noticed the spot too. She/he just molted today and was chillen on the side of the KK for some reason so I snapped a pic and got the molt. I will keep an eye on it for the next week as he/she hardens up. Thanks for your opinions too BTW. I appreciate it!!

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say definitely male. Here's my similarly sized B vaginas male for reference:

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just an update on this thread as the tarantula in question just molted again. It seems to definitely be a male: