M. balfouri from Ken the Bug Guy

Bugmom

Arachnolord
When you are ready, these are my 2 suggestions, A. ezendami or C. marshalli (with a shout out to darlingi). The ceratogryus are always out, the ezendami are also out a fair amount of the time and tend to be about as non-confrontational as a baboon can get.

I don't think my ezendami got the memo that they're an old world. They've never given me any trouble that I can recall. Best beginner OW, IMO. Also Ceratogyrus, as you said. Just can't go wrong with them.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I don't think I bought the display one. It was in a deli cup like the other three chalcodes. The only display animal I've gotten from them is my big klugi. She's the adult klugi they had out near the checkout counter a couple of months ago.
I don't think I saw it I actually just moved here about a month ago. They've got a big female GBB on the counter now.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When you are ready, these are my 2 suggestions, A. ezendami or C. marshalli (with a shout out to darlingi). The ceratogryus are always out, the ezendami are also out a fair amount of the time and tend to be about as non-confrontational as a baboon can get.
Both are very attractive spiders, but I'm so in love with the colors on the balfouri, plus I'm intrigued by the idea of keeping them communally. (For what it's worth, while it would be my first OW terrestrial, I already have a P. vittata that I've raised from a sling.)

cold blood

Staff member
Both are very attractive spiders, but I'm so in love with the colors on the balfouri, plus I'm intrigued by the idea of keeping them communally. (For what it's worth, while it would be my first OW terrestrial, I already have a P. vittata that I've raised from a sling.)
I hear ya. I personally think ezendami looks way better than balfouri....not that they don't look awesome, they do...but the carapace on ezendami is mind blowing IMO....same for marshalli, albeit in a very different but equally unique way.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I don't think my ezendami got the memo that they're an old world. They've never given me any trouble that I can recall. Best beginner OW, IMO. Also Ceratogyrus, as you said. Just can't go wrong with them.
I had the same experience with my P. lugardi some years back. Very curious spider but never very skittish and never threw any threat displays.