Lychas asper HELP!

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Find where they're native from and makes friends with people there.

Good luck.

Mike

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would assume husbandry would probably be similar as other bark scorpion species. You probably need to find out where they are from and mimic that habitat. I know that L mucronatus and L scutilus are kept the same as Centruroides spp and Tityus spp but most report that they seem to do better under slightly drier conditions than those 2.
If you have adults, you might put in a typical plastic box and keep 1 side moist and 1 side dry and note which side they seem to prefer. Thats what I would do anyway.
I have never seen this sp available so by all means try your best to culture them. Getting new species in the hobby is always good

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, I read the thread wrong. Now I look like an idiot. Hope you can breed these!

Mike

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finally Pictures

Hi guys finally i took some pictures of my Lychas asper
If i'm mistaken the ID of this guys please let me know lol.

Thanks
-.Raul

Last edited:

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would assume husbandry would probably be similar as other bark scorpion species. You probably need to find out where they are from and mimic that habitat. I know that L mucronatus and L scutilus are kept the same as Centruroides spp and Tityus spp but most report that they seem to do better under slightly drier conditions than those 2.
If you have adults, you might put in a typical plastic box and keep 1 side moist and 1 side dry and note which side they seem to prefer. Thats what I would do anyway.
I have never seen this sp available so by all means try your best to culture them. Getting new species in the hobby is always good
Thanks Brian i did as you told me and they prefer the humid side.
Put a 2 hideouts 1 on the dry side and 1 on the humid side they chill on the humid one all day and at night they come out and patrol the tank. I believe i have 2 subadults and 4 adults poss 1.3.2 but not sure on an easy way to sex this little fellows.

-.Raul

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I believe i have 2 subadults and 4 adults poss 1.3.2 but not sure on an easy way to sex this little fellows.

-.Raul
In the 3rd pic, the fat one appears girl while the skinny one appears boy. We all know that us men watches our waist line much better than the women do hahaha{D

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In the 3rd pic, the fat one appears girl while the skinny one appears boy. We all know that us men watches our waist line much better than the women do hahaha{D
LOL True Strory Brian...:D
And yes i agree...about the sex.
I'll try to take better pics of the whole group.

-.Raul

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool scorpies! I agree with Brian, had the same thought when I saw photos. To me they're just L. mucronatus, however still awesome scorps! Good luck with them. :)
Blaster.

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BABIES!!! {D
Guys just wanted to share that one of the females that its on the previous pics just popped yesterday 13-15 little slings my camera is broken but i will try to find one and take pics ASAP.
So far the identidy of this scorpions goes from Lychas asper, Lychas burdoi to Lychas mucronatus.

You be the judge:

<--L. asper

<--L. burdoi

<--L. mucronatus

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's also no Androctonus australis in Israel but it says in this link that there is http://perso.orange.fr/eycb/scorpions/AIIsrael.htm .
There is A.australis in Israel. The species is recorded in Sinaï in Levy & Amitai 1980, and Israël in Fet & al 2000. Moreover we regularly receive in EU specimens from Israel. However according to Lourenço 2005, specimens from Middle East should be considered as a different species.
Jan Ove and I are working together to try to keep as update as possible his species database and my origins database according to new papers, but of course we can miss some papers and there can be some mistakes.
Eric

Last edited:

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There is A.australis in Israel. The species is recorded in Sinaï in Levy & Amitai 1980, and Israël in Fet & al 2000. Moreover we regularly receive in EU specimens from Israel. However according to Lourenço 2005, specimens from Middle East should be considered as a different species.
Jan Ove and I are working together to try to keep as update as possible his species database and my origins database according to new papers, but of course we can miss some papers and there can be some mistakes.
Eric
So.....Eric you think there's hope about this Lychas been asper then?