Lump on P.murinus abdomen

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my blondi developed a large lump over the fall months, and molted out this past weekend. the lump was gone, but she now has a large scar from apparent damage. i worry it may rupture before she can molt again and heal completely... so i will be feeding her minimally (maybe once or twice a month, maximum) to avoid what i like to call "huge booty syndrome".

i'd recommend you just keep water available, and feed it one cricket every 2-3 weeks at most. hopefully your baby will simply molt out of it on her own. overfeeding (which is as easy as feeding as much and as often they're willing to eat) may cause so much abdominal stretching that the lump could burst.

Ph4nToM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd recommend you just keep water available, and feed it one cricket every 2-3 weeks at most. hopefully your baby will simply molt out of it on her own. overfeeding (which is as easy as feeding as much and as often they're willing to eat) may cause so much abdominal stretching that the lump could burst.
I think im going to hold out until probably wensday before I feed it again. I just finished doing some light misting of the enclosure. I was afraid that feeding it with the deformity could burst the lump, but I wasnt sure.

Is it safe to assume that parasites are out of the question? It was december 18th when I first noticed the lump, is it normal for parasites to live up to 3 weeks inside of the spider? Or is there still that possibility?

Thanks for the help all.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think parasites are still possible.

however, we're all hoping for you that this is not a case of parasites. :)

zarko

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
u need to be extra carefull not to disturb here.. if u can u can inject in cricket some mineral busting thing .. i dont kno would it help i do that with my geckoes and reptiles

good luck

Ph4nToM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I offered a cricket to the spider about 5 mins ago. I cut off its head, pulled off its wings and each leg. I just checked on the spider and it has already started eating.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a good sign. i would do like someone already suggested and just feed her once every couple of weeks but be sure she has water.