LSD EARTH TIGER (Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I saw them listed on Tarantula Canada's website - $325 for 1/2" spiderling.

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
Here in Canada they are $325+- for 1/2in. if i had the chance to get a juvie for that price i would jump on it. one of my dream ts for sure, im sure its everyones dream t.

sezra

Arachnosquire
I vote to make this the official common name- I spat out my drink when I read the title
yeah, thats the problem with common names, they can vary so much from country to country. Why LSD though? :p

I wonder how much a mature female sells for?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just saw one of these at the Pomona Reptile Super Show this afternoon. Beautiful spider - but at $200 for a juvie, a bit more than I was willing to spend.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
I have a few juvenile females, as others have said, keep like a Chilobrachys. My girls have made some intricate tunnels and tubes and unless disturbed will have their legs hanging out the front. Not a fan of common names, but I've heard this called the "Indian Rainbow" and "Lsd earth Tiger" because of the multitude of colors. :)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
wow they have big peepers...

I can't tell if they look pretty or not, I really don't know anything about them. Heard of them and have done some research but I honestly don't much. This T is staying off my wish list until more is known.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
However the price is exagerated, let's be honest now :)
A C.fimbriatus is way more cheaper, but with amazing colors as well.

MsBuzzKill

Caltuckian
I have 0.0.3 and I agree with keeping them like Chilobrachys.

While beautiful with pretty amazing burrows/tunnels, they can be a bit disappointing if you're planning or hoping to look at them very often. The most I typically ever see are toes and legs at the burrow entrance. Rarely get a whole body view which is unfortunate.

Octagon

Arachnoperson
"Suddenly someone is there at the turnstile, the T with kaleidoscope eyes..."

Kymura

Arachnoknight
They are lovely. But as a hobbiest and not an avid collecter, far to expensive IMPO.
I'll wait, provided I manage to live a few more years I'll get one eventually. ^.~

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I just saw one of these at the Pomona Reptile Super Show this afternoon. Beautiful spider - but at $200 for a juvie, a bit more than I was willing to spend.

Do you know the website of the person who has it for $200?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, I'm sorry, I don't. He was supposed to text me today about some juvenile D. diadema but I haven't heard from him yet. If I hear back from him, I can try to get his contact information for you.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I think that they are a lovely looking tarantula, but I think that about all of them. Personally, if I were going to spend that amount of money, I would rather spend it on a female G. pulchra.