Loving Ts, some questions for a new one.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
For the A. Geniculta do I hve to spray a lot?? People seem to say they like humid environments
Na, just periodically dampen an area of the substrate by pouring water into it or by overflowing the water dish. Spraying/misting is a waste of time IMO.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
There is a better eater than a Pampho?!?
I really like this species, maybe for the future. I've decided on the A. Geniculata especially since I found that Jamie's tarantulas has a sale on them, 50% off for a sling. And I'd love to watch it grow alongside my GBB, maybe I'll see who grows faster.

cold blood

Staff member
For the A. Geniculta do I hve to spray a lot?? People seem to say they like humid environments
You dont have to, nor should ypu, need to spray any t....these arent salamamders.

Humidity is basically irrelevant, just keep the sub, or part of the sub damp....do this by sprinkling, or pouring water onto the sub.

Your areas ambient humidity will dictate how much and how often you need to add water....in winter when things are dry, you will need to add more water more often....this time of year you dont need to add much and dont need to dampen as often.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Na, just periodically dampen an area of the substrate by pouring water into it or by overflowing the water dish. Spraying/misting is a waste of time IMO.
Ok ty, one more question if you don't mind, they said the temp for these guys seems to be kinda high, is that true? or is room temperature fine like for most.. And if not, what style of heating should I set up. I know heating lamps are bad, and heat mats I've never used before.

You dont have to, nor should ypu, need to spray any t....these arent salamamders.

Humidity is basically irrelevant, just keep the sub, or part of the sub damp....do this by sprinkling, or pouring water onto the sub.

Your areas ambient humidity will dictate how much and how often you need to add water....in winter when things are dry, you will need to add more water more often....this time of year you dont need to add much and dont need to dampen as often.
Illinois, so my ambient humidity is normally pretty high, during the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Almost any t can be kept from 68 to 90, nothing too specific....you shouldnt need to worry about it till winter.

When/if you do, heating the room with a space heater is the safest, most egfective method.

Illinois, so my ambient humidity is normally pretty high, during the summer.
I know, im in WI....Same here

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Ok ty, one more question if you don't mind, they said the temp for these guys seems to be kinda high, is that true? or is room temperature fine like for most.. And if not, what style of heating should I set up. I know heating lamps are bad, and heat mats I've never used before.
Anything between the mid 60's and mid 90's will be fine, if you need heating then heating the room with a space heater is the best/easiest option.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
A. Genoculata was it. But essentially I want an easy T to care for that isnt expensive and readily available
Then an A. Genic is what you want, not to mention them being overall flipping marvelous.