Lost!!

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I got home and moved my P. ornata to a large petpal - locked up tighter than a drum - or so I thought I will be dammed if I can find it in there now. Is it possible to lose a 1" spider in a petpal? It almost got away transfering it to the damm thing and now it has appeared to have vanished.

The P Irminia was much easier to boss around at 1/2" This would be the first sling I have ever lost and I can not keep scouring the house tonight ;o(

I am ordering more of these - as soon as silly season is over.

Ropes

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Looked at the handle holes? I would think unmodified, a 1" Poke could easily escape through one. Don't exhaust the possibility that it's still in there, they blend in damn well with most substrates and cork bark when they are slings. Takes me a few minutes to find my P.formosa usually when I look in on it, and it's in a much smaller container than a large petpal.

Bill

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Might still be in there!!!

:rolleyes: Hey ropes - I agree with Conipto, your P.ornata sling could very well still be in there as I too, have a recently purchased P.ornata sling that is about 1 inch long and I have noticed that her coloration is a PERFECT match for the substrate an cork bark I have in her deli cup.She also does a little bit of webbing and burrowing so unless she is poised on the side of the cup it appears that she has escaped....these tarantula species slings are indeed tricky as my sling got away from me when I was unpacking her and it was a miracle that I recaptured her...they are fast and will make surprising leaps thru the air ( ! )so if they get away from you - good luck in recapturing them....

I hope that you locate your sling soon...

:8o The Evil Spider Hunter

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Found the little bastard he was stuck way up in a hole in the bark.. The petpal is modified with saran wrap and platic to keep the slings in. I think I will move them to tupperware before I go on vacation.

Ropes

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ropes4u
Found the little bastard he was stuck way up in a hole in the bark.. The petpal is modified with saran wrap and platic to keep the slings in. I think I will move them to tupperware before I go on vacation.

Ropes
That seems like a good plan. it sounds like the Large petpal (which is pretty large if it's the same one I'm thinking of) would be a bit on the big size for a 1 inch sling, especailly one with spooky camo power.

Bill