Lost two Spiders...

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
found my P. miranda dead.. she was drinking and eating fine, died with a full abdomen, in a death curl... no idea what happened. Checked on my younger H. vonwirthi, who hasnt eaten OR drank in a long time, like since I got her. I knew something was wrong for a while. She died too. My other haplo is screaming along, she's expanded her burrow by a ton and is about to start eating again once her fangs hardened. Really bummed out, I liked those two a lot.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Sorry to hear it man. What size was the P.miranda?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
1''. Not that big, but big enough to where I shouldn't've had any trouble.
Yeah, they can be more fragile when small like that. I have two pokies about that size and I'll feel a lot better once they get bigger.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Thank you everyone for your words. I'll hopefully pick up another miranda and breed my adult vonwirthi.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
found my P. miranda dead.. she was drinking and eating fine, died with a full abdomen, in a death curl... no idea what happened. Checked on my younger H. vonwirthi, who hasnt eaten OR drank in a long time, like since I got her. I knew something was wrong for a while. She died too. My other haplo is screaming along, she's expanded her burrow by a ton and is about to start eating again once her fangs hardened. Really bummed out, I liked those two a lot.
Maybe you jumped into advanced species like pokies and Haplos too fast.

You should've used the ladder system.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The Haplo didn't eat, or drink AT ALL in the time I had her. Her abdomen was eternally shrunken. My other Haplopelma vonwirthi is a mature female and is doing just fine, thanks.
The P. miranda died with a full abdomen and was eating and drinking but was in a death curl. You tell me what happened.
a pic of the cage would help. sorry for your loss.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
So you're going to use the deaths of two spiders, two deaths that were out of my control just to be a sentient tumor? Niiicce.
You advocate the ladder system and chastise others for not utilizing proper husbandry, but when you don't do it and your spiders die, you want people to feel bad? That's hypocritical.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
You advocate the ladder system and chastise others for not utilizing proper husbandry, but when you don't do it and your spiders die, you want people to feel bad? That's hypocritical.
I did use proper husbandry. Why else would my other pokies and my haplo be humming along nicely? As I said with the Haplo, she did not eat or drink in the months I had her. I believe there was something wrong with her. I don't chastise husbandry, prove to me I am wrong.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
I did use proper husbandry. Why else would my other pokies and my haplo be humming along nicely? As I said with the Haplo, she did not eat or drink in the months I had her. I believe there was something wrong with her. I don't chastise husbandry, prove to me I am wrong.
Sorry, I don't do others' homework for them. Practice what you preach