Lost a sling...

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I found one of my A. avic slings dead last night. I was feeding my slings and noticed this one was in the death curl pose on the substrate. I did a little ICU for a while, but no luck, it's still unresponsive. I had 11 A. avic slings and this one was the smallest of the bunch so my daughter had named it Tiny. I noticed when I got it that it was not in as good as shape as its siblings, but seemed to rebound and was doing exceptionally well over the last two months, but something must have been wrong. My daughter didn't name the others, only this one and she was devastated when I told her (she's 8 years old). I was surprised how hard she took it. The other 10 slings are doing great, I just don't know what happened...:(

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( SO SORRY!:(

I have an 8 year old too, but he's a he... I can just see your little girl in tears over her little pet. 8 legged hugs to her, and tell her since her favorite one died, she can go out and buy TWO more of her very own. Bet she'll cheer up REAL fast!:D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm sorry also, but as it happens with the slings ---

don't worry. Stick to the advice given: buy 2 more T's ... and if it'll help, hell, i'll let you buy ME two T's :) ;P

good luck with the other 10!
peace,
dave

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Originally posted by rob
I found one of my A. avic slings dead last night. I had 11 A. avic slings and this one was the smallest of the bunch so my daughter had named it Tiny. My daughter didn't name the others, only this one and she was devastated when I told her (she's 8 years old). I was surprised how hard she took it. The other 10 slings are doing great, I just don't know what happened...:(
Im so sorry to hear that. :( Losing Ts has in the past has been devistating for me too. I get VERY attacted to them. Interesting, my A.Avic is also named Tiny.

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by rob
I found one of my A. avic slings dead last night. I was feeding my slings and noticed this one was in the death curl pose on the substrate. I did a little ICU for a while, but no luck, it's still unresponsive. I had 11 A. avic slings and this one was the smallest of the bunch so my daughter had named it Tiny. I noticed when I got it that it was not in as good as shape as its siblings, but seemed to rebound and was doing exceptionally well over the last two months, but something must have been wrong. My daughter didn't name the others, only this one and she was devastated when I told her (she's 8 years old). I was surprised how hard she took it. The other 10 slings are doing great, I just don't know what happened...:(
So sorry buddy........ Think of it this way.............. Sh*t happens.......

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
RIP

Sorry for your and your daughters loss, Rob. 10 more to enjoy, though, and many years to enjoy.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That happened to my Chaco as well. I'm going to buy another one though. I will not give up so easily!