Lost a Regalis to cold weather.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all.

Got my Regalis today and I noticed directly that the package was very cold on the outside so I rushed in and opened up the pack and the package inside was well-done as usual ,but still the cold had seemed to gone through and in the vail was a beutyful looking P.Regalis motionless and I started heat treatment directly.

3 hours passed and still no reaction so I could just confirm a dead Regalis. So sad for such a goodlooking spiecemen that it was.

The weather forecast here had said around upper 10, close to 20, but we got - 8 in the morning and when the package arrived we had around 15F.

Kenny

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kenny,
Dont worry yet sounds like it might be dead, but still give it some hope.

Sincerely,

Brandon

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now you have scared me. I was gonna send Chris some money for a P cambridgei and now i am scared it is gonna die.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Negative F

Well,,negative F is "powerful" and I'm just now looking at weather forecast with better/warmer weather. Wait until end of week or beginning of next.:)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your regalis. Especially shitty when you know you can't do jack about it.

Bill

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The package.

Hi

Yes,, the package was perfectly done with this white stuff ( that TV and other electronical equipment comes with ) as walls and ceiling and floor and heatpacks, 2 of them in there.

The package was so cold when the UPS guy gave it to me so it felt it had come from a freezer.

My theory is this: Can this over night shipping harm more since the lower temps happens during night and the pack is allways in movement??,,, and 2/3 of this shipping happens during night and early morning when temps are at the lowest?

For example, early afternoon today we had around 24F outside and my car was even warm inside in the sunshine, no 24F inside my car.

Just a thought.

Kenny

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
gosH!!!

that really sucks kenny!!! my usmbar baboon's are coming in cold weather, since me and you come from Michigan! Sorry to hear it died, are you getting another one?

James