loss of limb?

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my brachypelma emilia is about 3" and has lost a limb.after her/his molt i picked the skin up and the leg was still in it.will she ever look normal?if male will he be useless for breeding?it is the leg that would have the hooks.:wall: will post pic later.thanks

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
my brachypelma emilia is about 3" and has lost a limb.after her/his molt i picked the skin up and the leg was still in it.will she ever look normal?if male will he be useless for breeding?it is the leg that would have the hooks.:wall: will post pic later.thanks
I highly doubt your T is anywhere near fully grown yet. That means the leg will regrow in the following moults and the T will be back to normal after 2-3 moults.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
it will regenerate that leg in probably 2 molts as small as it is. Maybe 1.
you shoudl review your husbandry habits tho to be sure that there is noting you could be doing better to prevent this.
Not saying its somethign you did , but if somehtign could be better , id try to fix it before next molt.
however, they like it dryer but when a molt is imminent you may have to up the humidity ... then again it may have been one of those things too.