Looking to start a hiking group in Central Arizona.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
We found three S. heros plings last night (were able to collect two). There were two of us idiots hiking in the rain last night and we both got to keep one.

ScarySpiderM

Arachnopeon
Hello I'm currently in Oklahoma City would you like to meet up?

Out of state enthusiasts are very welcome to come along. I would like to host hikes for people all from all over the world. It's free for now. I'm considering starting a guided hike company that has all inclusive amenities; Hotel or AirBnB, camping and catching gear, food, and maybe even an exporter/importer licence to send people's catches home to them. One can dream. I'm just taking this one year at a time.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Holy necro-threads, Batman! (It's only a year old... surely it's not too late to get in on the fun?)

I will be heading over to Arizona next weekend - plan is to visit my brother in Phoenix on Friday night (June 8th), then head down to Tucson on Saturday, spend the night, and back home on Sunday. Would love any tips (or company?) for good spots to collect various inverts either in the Phoenix area (I may have a couple of hours free in the afternoon, before meeting up with my brother) or in the Tucson area. I teach summer school classes for elementary/middle school students, so I try to make a few collecting trips every year before classes start, so I can have an assortment of cool new things to show the kids, in addition to my already extensive "bug zoo."

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Holy necro-threads, Batman! (It's only a year old... surely it's not too late to get in on the fun?)

I will be heading over to Arizona next weekend - plan is to visit my brother in Phoenix on Friday night (June 8th), then head down to Tucson on Saturday, spend the night, and back home on Sunday. Would love any tips (or company?) for good spots to collect various inverts either in the Phoenix area (I may have a couple of hours free in the afternoon, before meeting up with my brother) or in the Tucson area. I teach summer school classes for elementary/middle school students, so I try to make a few collecting trips every year before classes start, so I can have an assortment of cool new things to show the kids, in addition to my already extensive "bug zoo."
Unfortunately I didn't check the board all week and missed you. Maybe next time. This weekend a big storm is rolling in. It is finally S. heros season. I'm planning on going out tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it will pour rain all weekend.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Unfortunately I didn't check the board all week and missed you. Maybe next time. This weekend a big storm is rolling in. It is finally S. heros season. I'm planning on going out tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it will pour rain all weekend.
I’m in Phoenix right now.. too bad I’m leaving tomorrow and unable to meet..

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck! It was so dry when I was there, I didn't see a single centipede. (I did pick up a couple of Paraphrynus carolynae and some spiders, though!)

Kao

Arachnopeon
Hey DubiaW, tried to send you a message but your inbox is full, could you send me a message when you get a chance? I live out in San Tan Valley, and would love to hang out.