looking for this type of small bottle/container

alex21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

I am going to collect small insects to help my nephew build his bug city and he likes the small bottles/containers that contact lenses are sold in. does anybody know where else i can get these bottles. i will upload the pictures so you can have an idea of what I am talking about.

let me know of a place where i can get these.

thanks

Attachments

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do not know where to find them! But isn't it a bit air tight?

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
The Container Store sells small bottles like that. They may have corks instead of a lid like that though.

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
Have you tried Pier 1? They usually have cool teeny bottles too. Not sure if you are a dude or not, or how much Pier 1 shopping you do.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Have you tried Pier 1? They usually have cool teeny bottles too. Not sure if you are a dude or not, or how much Pier 1 shopping you do.
i'm a dude and i go Pier 1 =P

i like all those crazy import type stores

also, the original poster... is it for a dead or live collection? i don't really care for glassware for my live collection. also, ground glass stopper bottles are probably going to be a little expensive... but if you are doing a spirits collection they might be worth it

alex21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey Guys...

sorry for taking so long to reply. anyways, my nephew actually likes to collect small bottles l like these.

he had this small collection (about 8), but my mom accidentally threw away about 5 of them..and my nephew is really upset about it. i am trying to find some to buy him some of these...and the thing is that he's picky, he won't take anything that doesn't look like it. he also uses them to put in like small ants and other small insects.

it's not really exactly for insects, it's just that he likes the bottles.

anyways, i will go and check out Pier 1...

thanks

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those remind me of the vials used for collecting specimens that have to be preserved in alcohol. You should check out BioQuip.com. They have both plastic and glass vials.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love these too but I don't have any yet.....I'm pretty sure that Carolina Science has them. *Goes to ask her mommy* :D

Black Widow88

Reacker

Arachnopeon
Bioquip has some cool stuff, but it's hurrendously expensive. Try here:

http://www.testtubesonline.com/

I use test tubes to house my live ant colonies, and this place seems to be the cheapest for the tubes. They also carry lots of other vials and glass ware, so you may be able to find something there.

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The various sized plastic vials that spiderlings are kept/shipped in are made by a company called Thornton Plastics... they have a wide variety of vials/bottles/etc. I use these while I'm in the field collecting inverts...

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you can get glass ones from hospitals they use them to store local anethesia