Looking for info on care and pics of Haplopelma Shcmidti

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hello everyone, tommorow i'm ordering 2 Haplopelma Schmidti's and a C. Paganus, all females , was wondering if anyone had any advice on keeping these species and maybe some pics, i'm pretty excited i've wanted a schmidti for a while i might just order a Haplopelma minax or a cobalt too, thanks ahead of time---Jeff

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Jeff,
My H.schmidti, Medussa likes it a tad on the cool side around 75-78 degrees. She likes moisture and she has a clay pot to hide in plus she has tree branches and greenery that she seems to like with quite a bit of bedding.
My C.paganus is an obligate burrower. You will have fun with both of them because they tend to have an attitude.
Here is a picture of my Medussa.

Attachments

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

cool thanks, hey i thought schmidti was suposed to be yellowish gold? yours is black---Jeff

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
Hey Jeff,

Jeff clean out your private message box you pmed me, watchout for Schmidti dont get bit, rumors are they have hot venom (medically significant) look at my avatar that was once my gravid female H Schmidti Shes a Big 8" but my bro LaRiz has her now hopefully she will lay her damn eggsac soon lol
Martin I do really like your setups, I like how the ventilation is at top and that ventilation strip near bottom,
Hopefully soon I will have more H. Costales Have you mated any yet but the one that eludes me more are the selenecosmia kulluensis (himalayan)
Ever have that certain T you want really bad and will do anything you can to get one? Well Selenecosmia Kullensis is one of those T's

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jeff

If you look at common names they do sell Chinese Black Earth tigers and then there is also Chinese Gold Earth tigers. When I got her I like black better so I picked her. I do believe Lariz now has both color morphs of the H.schmidti.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
these are the rumors

Both colors morphs, Those dark morphs could be another species Chinese black tigers (selenecosmia haiana or haplopelma sp) or It could be----> chinese golden tigers (haplopelma schmidti) Volker von Wirth hopefully will see this post and explain it better then me (too long to type for I am one of those damn one finger typers lol) so you might want to only breed the Haplopelma Schmidti female you have

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hap. schmidti pix

Pics?
Beautiful H. schmidti they are! Here's a pic of a fresh shed 6" female.

N-Joy
Art

Last edited: