Looking for an interesting T to buy

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You should get the members of the Pterinochilus family ( lugardi, murinus, and chordatus) I have two of the three that botar has and this wednesday I'll probably get the other one.

I love these guys because they are monsters, quick and defensive. and I love the bright orange color of the murinus.

every collection need a member from the Pter. genus and from the avicularia family.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right now I am thinking

GBB
H maculata
C. "blue"

but I have a couple of months before my move to NY so I'll prob-ly change my mind a dozen times.

Keep suggestions coming!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The H. mac isn't a bad idea either, but I don't know how much they hide. I have a C. blue sling and I never see it. I'm hoping it will become more social as it gets bigger.
An H. mac is still on my wish list.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Green bottle blue is a great display tarantula, lots of color, eat like pigs and web alot.

take care!

Alain

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Green bottle blue is a great display tarantula, lots of color, eat like pigs and web alot.

take care!

Alain
I don't like disagreeing, but doesn't all the webbing make it not a great display animal, like my GBB.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't like disagreeing, but doesn't all the webbing make it not a great display animal, like my GBB.
You can disagree as much as you whant:rolleyes: , mine web alot and she is always on top of her web;)

Here's mine.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Top 10 Must Haves in any collection!!!!

A. geniculata
A. versicolor
A. seemanni blue or black
B. smithi
C. crawshayi
C. cyaneopubescens
G. pulchra
H. lividum
H. maculata
M. robustum
P. metallica
P. ornata
P. subfusca
P. irminia
P. murinus RCF

OK OK there's 15, but just like the hobby you only want to have 10 you will end up with 15 LMAO!!!

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why subfusca as opposed to some other pokie?
I already got seemani and metallica. And I think my cambredgei is close enough to irminia.

I like the looks of H. lividium, but aren't they pet holes?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why subfusca as opposed to some other pokie?
I already got seemani and metallica. And I think my cambredgei is close enough to irminia.

I like the looks of H. lividium, but aren't they pet holes?

Yup, sadly..

Go with one of these:
C. sp. "blue"
Heteroscodra maculata
Ceratogyrus spp.
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

GrofKjans

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a H mac for a month now. Makes tube like web, digs a bit. I don't see it much during day light, but it is always out at night. Looks very nice. And venomous too. Go for it!
And another vote for GBB.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
rufilata is nice, but if you could get your hands on a Lowland subfusca you could be one of the first in North America ;)

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A. bicoloratum is nice to look at, but it has eating and molting habits like a G. rosea:wall: Few and far between lol.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mandolin,

well EBV claimed they had one online. But, nope. They do have some nice stuff such as spiderling c.crawshayi, nhandu chromatus, and adult singapore blues, although the latter are priced at a ridiculous 450$.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi all,

My local store has two singapore "blue" spiderlings for 50$ each. Is that a good deal?
Is $50 ok for c.crawshayi spiderling?
They also have Thrixopelma pruriens - what do you think of that?

Please reply asap :).

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As far as price goes you should hit the for sale/trade area and do some compairing. That is usually what I do before I sell or buy something.
But no those prices are not that bad at all.
Think of the for sale sections as bargin shopping. Sometimes you find something you want for 200 bucks, you buy it and then the next day someone is selling it for 100 and bigger. It all depends on how bad you want it I guess.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found a bunch of these being sold for $40 online but the delivery cost would bring the prices back to 50, so that's cool.