looking for a girlfriend!!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Ok everyone..I am bummed...doing cage maintenence tonight, and guess what? ANOTHER mature male...my L cristata took it upon himself to molt...damn him!
So, here he is...not the great pic, but I didn't want to disturb him, looks like he molted within the last 24 hours or so.

Last edited:

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Boy it just sucks when one of your babes turns out to be a male unless you have a female of the same species. I know how you feel. I am sorry!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats to bad, but I've heard males can live another 18 months or so, if well taken care of. I guess a breeding loan is the way to go, if it takes.
I have a red phase G. rosea that I'm " not " going to breed, and see how long he lives.

Ernie

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can't wait to see this guy all stretched out. You definately need to breed him. Looks awesome. How does his temperment/behavior compare to an A. genic? (If you know)

Big Dragonfly

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Big Dragonfly...he's more spastic then my A geniculata. Seems more nervous, and you never know if he will go into a threat posture, or take off running, each time the container is opened! (on the floor).
Very neat tarantula though, voracious eater (like the genic) and will actually hunt down and pounce on his prey like a complete killing machine!
Very active, never hiding, and quite the personality.
I will have to get another one when he's gone, for sure

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
Ok everyone..I am bummed...doing cage maintenence tonight, and guess what? ANOTHER mature male...my L cristata took it upon himself to molt...damn him!
So, here he is...not the great pic, but I didn't want to disturb him, looks like he molted within the last 24 hours or so.
ow! sorry about your run of luck with so many males, hopefully someone will have a female for him.
Ed