Look at what I just found!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
IMG_20160929_011525.jpg IMG_20160929_011525.jpg IMG_20160929_011520.jpg IMG_20160929_011501.jpg I just stumbled across this little guy in my home. It's probably 1" in length in that position. Any ideas on what species it is? And any other additional information would be appreciated, such as toxicity, adult size, care etc.

I live in South Africa, North West.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
i dont know alot about the genus, but I would say it looks a lot like Uroplectes triangulifer to me.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
could be u. fischeri. if I could see the color of the orange a bit more clearly it would help. I was leaning towards fischeri but vittatus and triangulifer come to mind also. again...im no uroplectes expert.

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
How is the venom on this genus? I would also like to keep it, so any information on care and how it's enclosure should be set up would be much appreciated :)

brolloks

Arachnobaron
How is the venom on this genus? I would also like to keep it, so any information on care and how it's enclosure should be set up would be much appreciated :)
Hi lalberts9310, good to see a fellow South African on the forums.

Uroplectes are not considered medically significant, it would hurt but should not cause any harm if you got stung. Your specimen almost looks like U. triangulifer, but might be wrong. I usually find quite a lot of U. triangulifer specimen in my house during the summer months, they are really all over.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
@brolloks

Heh, I searched pictures of U. triangulifer on the internet, it really does look like one. It's quite cute - comming from someone not really fond of scorpions.. who knows, maybe this little guy might just get me hooked :p

Any idea on how to take care of it?

truecreature

Arachnoknight
As awesome as that is, I'm sooo thankful I live in the midwestern US where the gnarliest thing I've ever found in my home are house centipedes...lol

brolloks

Arachnobaron
@brolloks

Heh, I searched pictures of U. triangulifer on the internet, it really does look like one. It's quite cute - comming from someone not really fond of scorpions.. who knows, maybe this little guy might just get me hooked :p

Any idea on how to take care of it?
You can keep it as a semi-arid species, basically means a sand setup with a hide and a water dish. Try and keep the humidity on the lower end of the scale. They really don't need a large enclosure, I keep mine in a small 20cm container with sand and a water dish. My house always stays cool around the 23-25c mark so I like to provide additional heat for my scorpions.
Here is a nice caresheet for Desert and Xeric Shrubland Scorpions: http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t4-asa-desert-and-xeric-shrubland-scorpions-caresheet

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
You can keep it as a semi-arid species, basically means a sand setup with a hide and a water dish. Try and keep the humidity on the lower end of the scale. They really don't need a large enclosure, I keep mine in a small 20cm container with sand and a water dish. My house always stays cool around the 23-25c mark so I like to provide additional heat for my scorpions.
Here is a nice caresheet for Desert and Xeric Shrubland Scorpions: http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t4-asa-desert-and-xeric-shrubland-scorpions-caresheet
Thanx man! Much appreciated :) I'll do just that