i'm waiting...... 50 ok?
see ya!
50??? Do You mean 5, right? :rolleyes:

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lookeyyy....

Hey there,

have a look at this, finally i got a bride for my nigriventer male! Furthermore for the first time since long years i got a Phoneutria again that even behaves like a Phoneutria is expected to (well, ok, at least in my opinion....) ;P

Pissed off from the beginning, just as i love them! More pics when she´s in her tank, for now she seems to prefer the cosyness of her transport-box...

If anybody here has a clue where she could originate from, i´d like to hear opinions, as i´ve never seen such bright-yellow leg-undersides with any Phoneutria.

Now enjoy.... :clap:

Attachments

Adnan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have seem some with some yellow... but not like your.

Nice girl!! :clap:

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Very nice Stefan!

Reminds me of this Phoneutria sp. (belonged to a friend of mine):
http://www.minaxtarantulas.net/galleri/bilder/phoneutria_frammifran2.jpg
Do you have any locality information on yours?

/Lelle
Thanks Lelle!

I know that pic and thought about it, too.

I mailed the guy who sold me the spider, if he knew about the localitiy, but i haven´t got an anwer so far.

Will keep you updated in case i´d get any locality infos on this one.

Greets,

Stefan

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Damn, Damn, Damn!

My so-called "adult" male nigriventer is just doing a molt again!

The palps are already out of the old skin, looks like he´s adult now and ok . Still stickin to the old skin with a few legs though, i hope he´ll make it.

How big does this spider still want to get ???

Confused greetings,

Stefan

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres one of my adult male nigriventer compare to my index finger, approx 10cm legspan

/Lelle

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stefan2209 said:
After sitting in her transport-case for something about 4 hours, my new lady finally decided to get out and take a closer look at her new home...

Strange coloration indeed :eek: , more pics soon...

oh wow ... oh wowwww totally insane

Bungholio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you guys for sharing the pics with us.
These are the best phoneutria pics I ever saw.

Are they any updates?

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Update

Bungholio said:
Thank you guys for sharing the pics with us.
These are the best phoneutria pics I ever saw.

Are they any updates?
Thanks, i´m glad you like them, too.

Yes, there are indeed updates. Unfortunately bad ones: my male got stuck during the molt. I tried to save him with some kind of emergency-operation but he was so weak after i got him cut out of his old skin, he died one day after. A pitty :mad:

He had grown quite big as you can see in the first pic. Now it´s time to say goodbye, what´d be better suited for this, as a pic from better days:

Attachments

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am looking for specimens of this spider preserved in alcohol. I'm kinda poor at the moment, so I can't pay too much for them but I'd be more than happy to pay for cheap shipping.

I'd even trade mealworms or superworms :D

Any help is appreciated

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stefan2209 said:
After sitting in her transport-case for something about 4 hours, my new lady finally decided to get out and take a closer look at her new home...

Strange coloration indeed :eek: , more pics soon...

wowwww very very nice, what an awesome tread, keep it up!

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, now thats truly a nice thread... My compliments, Adnan, for all the pics :)!!!! It's the first time i ever got to see that specie and i have to say that they really seem very interesting!!!! I just love their mad little faces and the FEEDING PICS with them eating roaches were GREAT!!!! You should make posters out of them...

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:drool: these are some of my favorite true spiders, love to see such a large thread dedicated to them

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wOohOo said:
Hehehe GoT Phoneutria fera ??? ;P ;P ;P

[]'s
Hi Stephen,

are you sure that´s P. fera??

How do you know? Where does it come from? What size is it?

Sorry for that bunch of questions, i have kept P. fera some years ago, the specimen came from french-guyane and looked quite different to yours. That doesn´t need to say much, but what i´m furthermore wondering about is that pattern on the abdomen of your spider... P. fera is known for having some kind of hering-bone pattern.

I´ve seen a Phoneutria spec, which looks quite similar to yours, but it´s not a fera.

Vice-versa all P. fera´s i´ve seen so far from different parts of south-america looked quite different to that one. Really strange.

Whatever the species is, nice Phoneutria! :}

Greetings,

Stefan