Longest you've gone without seeing your H. mac??

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
So it's no surprise that H. maculatas like to hide but what the longest stretch of time you have gone without seeing yours? This is meant to be a fun and interesting thread, NOT a "HELP MY H. MACULATA DISAPPEARED!!" type of thread.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've found that it's very common with this species to stop eating when they have enough reserve to molt, regardless of how far out their molt is. If they're not hungry, then the only time they need to leave their safety zone is to drink... which happens in the wee hours of the morning, meaning I miss it. All of that being said, I didn't see my juvie for about three months at one point. Only reason I knew it was alive was because I'd find a mutilated, uneaten roach in the corner the morning after attempting to feed.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I've found that it's very common with this species to stop eating when they have enough reserve to molt, regardless of how far out their molt is. If they're not hungry, then the only time they need to leave their safety zone is to drink... which happens in the wee hours of the morning, meaning I miss it. All of that being said, I didn't see my juvie for about three months at one point. Only reason I knew it was alive was because I'd find a mutilated, uneaten roach in the corner the morning after attempting to feed.
Same here, the only sign of life inn the enclosure is the occasional foot sighting and a weekly bolus.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
youve seen a foot! lucky.. my h macs in a new cage now for a couple weeks and has webbed up the back corner, so i can see whenever i want, but ive never seen her out her web labyrinth.. in her old cage, about 4 months.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
RARE SIGHTING!!. just a minute ago I was trying to get a mealworm the the enclosure to move around some by tapping (lightly) onthe plastic where the worm was. I look onn the other side of the enclosure and there is Lafawnda! So magnificent to see for just a half second before the bolt. S/he grew alot from the last molt. If i had to guess I'd say a 3 inch legspan> :astonished::astonished::angelic:

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
Well gee I haven't seen mine yet at all.

I didn't even know I had one!