LOL My T. Blondi has been really active lately.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ever since I got him he pretty much stayed in his hide and did nothing. But the past few days he has been really active. First off he started exploring his cage, then he starded to climb the walls and cieling of his cage. Yesterday I caught him drinking out of his water dish (1st time ever seen a T do it) and now the past day he has been burrowing his hide out. He is making it deeper and making the whole smaller. Right now he couldn't get out unless he pushed the peat moss out of his way! I saw him as he started and he would push it forward and even dig it behind him like a dog! Now he is doing something I thought he would never do, he is taking the substrate in his fangs and carrying it over to the hide entrance and walling it up, or just moving it. LOL what is going on with him?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well if you have fed him up well then maybe hes diggin in for a molt. How big is he and when he molt last?

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had him for a month now. He is about 5" or so in legspan. When I got him his last molt was in the cage, and he was really black and dark, now the past few days he has been turning the chocolate brown that I've seen in them before. I fed him 6 crickets a week ago, and am planning on getting him some more tomorrow. It did cross my mind that he could be getting ready for a molt, but it seems kinda soon. He is just starting to turn brownish.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And yea, he has eaten a lot. A good 30-40 crickets medium-large since I got him.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK since you've only had him for a month this is my opinion(s), For the first couple of weeks the T could have been stressed out and scared I guess you could say, thus was hiding, and now is use to it's surroundings and enviornment so it's fixing it up to its likings. The only problem with this though, is that it has eaten.. ALOT. So my second opinion is that it is either just fixing up it's home at random to feel more comfortable, or is going to molt and needs the privacy and space in it's burrow. I'm gonna go with the second one.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just read your post under mine, and you said it molted already? When?

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It molted before I got it. I am judging that it was soon before I bought him because he was so dark and "new" looking. The exact time I don't know.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Depending on his size, I'm gonna go with what I said earlier.

So my second opinion is that it is either just fixing up it's home at random to feel more comfortable
What is his size?