Little kids!

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
where poking my P.Imp.

Not really but just putting a stick by it's claws so it can grasp it.

Wasn't that long only a few minutes.

Will that "stress" it out as some of you guys have posted on the boards before?

I mean how much can a scorpion take?

I thought my room was locked:? :wall:

:mad:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No worries man , people that say a scorp can stress..meh !

They have a shorter memory span than a goldfish so, I personally don't think it would matter too much.. I "poke" my spinifers all the time! that's what they are there for, to be observed and played with !

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, mang.

I just fed it today after it had eaten two whole Cicadas more than a week ago.
Infrared light is a blessing, I can finally see it at night.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

They have a shorter memory span than a goldfish so, I personally don't think it would matter too much.. I "poke" my spinifers all the time! that's what they are there for, to be observed and played with !
Im gonna have to say I think your wrong about your view of scorps geting stressed. You say it like theres now way a scorp can get stressed, and they surely can. But "messing" with it every once in awhile is no big deal, but to much constant stress can lead to death.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No problem, although I don't condone "poking" your scorpion... occasionaly its fine but not something I would do all the time... after reading my post I don't want people to think I go overboard with poking my scorpions :)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im gonna have to say I think your wrong about your view of scorps geting stressed. You say it like theres now way a scorp can get stressed, and they surely can. But "messing" with it every once in awhile is no big deal, but to much constant stress can lead to death.
When most people say a scorp is stressed I assume they mean physical stress due to being improperly cared for, ie a desert scorp being kept too humid, or a tropical scorp being kept too cold. This type of physical stress is entirely different from a mental/emotional stress which seems to be the type Aztek was refering to. Two different types of stress. Being harassed by a few kids isn't going to cause any scorp to have an anxiety attack or something and die, but improper care over the long term will indeed cause it physical stress and possibly death. :eek:

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats clearly an incorrect statement. All living creatures can be stressed.!
Whether they are sressed by being poked or by incorrect keeping is irrelevant. Stressed is stressed!!

that's what they are there for, to be observed and played with
This could be understood as a slip of the tongue but after that first sentence i don't think so.
Observe, studie, enjoy and appreciate but don't play with them dude.....they're not toy's!!!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats clearly an incorrect statement. All living creatures can be stressed.!
Whether they are sressed by being poked or by incorrect keeping is irrelevant. Stressed is stressed!!
I would argue that any stress caused by one incedent of "poking" would be nearly insignificant, just dont make it and everyday thing. The stress from improper keeping is much more serious.

This could be understood as a slip of the tongue but after that first sentence i don't think so.
Observe, studie, enjoy and appreciate but don't play with them dude.....they're not toy's!!!
By "play" i meant watch them feed/clean/be scorps. It's not like i try playing dodgeball with my scorps or something! Believe me I go out of my way to make sure all my creatures needs are well met. My earlier comments were less than serious, I was under the impression Aztek thought his emps were going to have a heart attack or something after being poked a few times and I was simply trying to asuage his fears. {D

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the only time when i go rumaging in my scorpion's tank is only to check and see where she has burrowed. i lightly run a straw or small stick over the surface and wherever the ground moves, i know i've found her alive an well. my P.Imp has been a pet hole lately.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
where poking my P.Imp.

Not really but just putting a stick by it's claws so it can grasp it.

Wasn't that long only a few minutes.

Will that "stress" it out as some of you guys have posted on the boards before?

I mean how much can a scorpion take?

I thought my room was locked:? :wall:

:mad:
It will cause stress but nothing you have to worry about. I do that to my emps every once in a while. I used to have a really huge emp that would try eating the pencil when I poked him. Just don't make it a daily habbit.