Little black devils.. (Ants)

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Woke up this morning, And found the Roseas home being invaded by some unwelcome guests. The only casualties were the 4 crickets in a tupperware container on top of the roseas tank. Scarf appears to be okay, there werent any ants on him, and very few actually in his cage. Hes now out of harms way, and recovering in a lg. deli cup. He was a little stressed out.. The spider tank is outside now.

Voratious little eaters these ants. Chomped through the crickets like they were nothing.

Unfortunately, any chemicals used on ants (Pyrithins(sp?)) that inhibit their CNS, are also going to have similar effect to spiders. So i guess its a wait and see thing, Wait and let the ants go away because theres no food left. Ive heard about putting salt? around the spider tank, Or was that vasaline..

Any other suggestions? Any way to beat these little buggars into submission?

Kinda spookey to wake up to, But scarf seems to be doing better now..

-Jason

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mendnwngs

Unfortunately, any chemicals used on ants (Pyrithins(sp?)) that inhibit their CNS, are also going to have similar effect to spiders.
I thought you put out baits for ants. Since your spiders don't visit the baits, they should not be affected.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have recently had a big ant problem in my house and I had to put out the ant baits. I figure this is safe as long as none of my T's get out. It normally works good to get rid of the food attracting the ants and to put the ant baits next to their trail. It dosen't take long for them to go away.