Liquifin's Tarantula Breeder's Diary

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Another Caribena versicolor female pairing. Yes, the males does come out alive and the video will be out tomorrow. I'll post it on here once it's up.

1.1.0 Caribena versicolor Breeding | Antilles Pink Toe Breeding - #2 (Second Female)

CBVB2-00;02;25;15.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Alright here we go. Caribena versicolor female #2 Pairing. 4 more females to go after this one. :cool:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Okay, this week has been putting on delays for me because of my personal life. But this is for tomorrow on Friday. The last female GBB being bred of my three females. Spoiler alert: He lives.

Here's a picture. :)

1.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Breeding | Green Bottle Blue Breeding - #3 (Third Female)

GBBB3-00;08;55;11.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Alright. This is becoming repititious so here's another Caribena versicolor pairing that I've done. This is the third female and we our now half way there as there are six females left. Yes, I'll post the video as well tomorrow. Let me edit. :cool:

1.1.0 Caribena versicolor Breeding | Antilles Pink Toe Breeding - #3 (Third Female)

CBVB3-00;03;29;07.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Here we GO! My third lady ready to find a partner with my male here. Spoiler alert: He Lives! :smirk:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
We're officially four ladies into the Caribena versicolor. We still have two more females left to pair and then I can take a break. The GBB females are looking good and two are indeed gravid by candling them earlier this week. One is getting ready for a sac, but I don't promises so let's see where this goes. Anyhow, we're getting through the breeding season. Video will be up tomorrow after I edit tonight. Let's GO!

1.1.0 Caribena versicolor Breeding | Antilles Pink Toe Breeding - #4 (Fourth Female) *two more left

CBVB4-00;04;45;59.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Video of the fourth female being paired. Now onto the fifth one next week. :sleepy:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Curious why she's eating while communicating mating. Looks threatening, lol.
Not really eating, but rather moving around her waste or bolus. I fed her early in the morning prior to pairing her late in the afternoon all the way past midnight.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Not really eating, but rather moving around her waste or bolus. I fed her early in the morning prior to pairing her late in the afternoon all the way past midnight.
Any idea why she may be doing that though? She looked rather menacing, lol.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I know people are getting sick or tired of all these Caribena versicolor pairings, but we're almost done with all six females. This is female numebr five and soon we'll be done with next week. Stay TUNED!! :cool: ;)

Yes, I'll post the video tomorrow for everyone on here.

1.1.0 Caribena versicolor Breeding | Antilles Pink Toe Breeding - #5 (Fifth Female)

cbvb5-00;06;05;59.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Okay here's the video of female number 5. One more female left to breed after this one. Let's GO!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
UPDATE: Both good and bad.

Bad news: I've gotten two bad egg sacs (1 GBB and 1 C. versicolor) which the eggs suffered from rot due to improper wrapping of the egg sac for these first time females.

Good news: I got some good egg sacs from some P. striata and one of the GBB is still hanging on to a good looking sac (fingers crossed). The third GBB female is getting there, but hasn't layed yet. I will keep an eye for sure to ensure a good sac.

A video update will follow up in about 2 weeks after this weeks video of the last C. versicolor female pairing of the six that I have.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Okay this is officially the last and final female Caribena versicolor. The final number 6 female to be paired and a video will be posted tomorrow which is really straight-forward and short. Stay tuned.

1.1.0 Caribena versicolor Breeding | Antilles Pink Toe Breeding - #6 (The Last Female)

CBVB6-00;02;45;27.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I know all the thumbnails and pictures look the same. But this is the last one. Let's go.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Really sad but hopeful update:

GBB female ate her sac on day 18. Now I did snatched the egg sac when I noticed her munching them. Sad to say, a lot of them were eaten at EWL's or coming into that stage. I did managed to save only a small number of eggs from the egg sac soup she ate from. There is about 15-18 EWL's that didn't get eaten or rotted from the rest of the bunch. They are alive and at least that's something hopeful for a start.

What I learn from this is that I'm failry confident that a sac for GBB can be pulled on day 16-17 under ideal temps and conditions. So if the last female ever lays an egg sac, I'm planning on waiting 15-17 days before pulling it if it does happen just to safe on my consciousness. Even I did not expect EWL stage this early, but it at least tells me that the temps and care is really ideal. Video on friday to discuss this.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This is the not-so-good news. I'll post a video on a lot of bad things, but I will be transparent as possible on what has happened. Here is a picture of an eggsac eaten by the mother herself.

Egg sac disaster-00;00;36;47.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Video of the really bad update of eggsacs not doing too well. But I'm just speaking and showing my experiences on what's happening here for me.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Just a normal day today. Nothing too much in regards to breeding. So just something here and there this week.