Liquifin's Tarantula Breeder's Diary

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I guess some people are interested in some breeding projects and some of the works that I do. So here is my thread on some of the projects that I'd helped or worked on. I won't post everything I do and I won't update this thread 100% of the time as I only breed seasonally and as a part-time secondary income. Usually, this would be in the Users category, but I want to post videos as well as pictures since Users category is only pictures from my understanding.

My Youtube user is under my alias "Laxow" (the Kumo-sensei :troll:) that I use on other platforms in most cases. So bear in mind of that if you're watching my breeding videos or any of my videos for that matter, it's still me "Liquifin" of the Arachnoboards. I know some people are wondering or are interested in some of the things I work on. So I'll post some of my works here.

So stay, tuned on this journey. :happy:

A picture for starters:

105 slings of Poecilotheria striata from the second/double-clutch. (I honestly don't want anymore of this species as I already have seven females. But maybe someday, I'll take more.)

S1210001.JPG

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Hey folks....
We are always talking about YT videos in terms of quality.The videos that @Liquifin posts are well worth watching.He deserves more views.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I usually upload videos on the weekends, but I had more free time today, so here's the most recent video. Yep, the male takes like 1-2 seconds to do an insertion, so you might want to slow the video down to see the pairing insertion. This species do insertions very quickly, but takes hours of drumming/signaling before trying to do one. So patience and a good eye to see an insertion from the male is needed when pairing Poecilotheria.

@mack1855 has been wanting a P. vittata breeding project, so here we go.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I bred both of my Stromatopelma calceatum females, but they both molted out on the same day. So I had to pair them again, and here's the photo of the first female being paired again.

Stromatopelma calceatum Pairing (Again)

IMG_2422.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I just got done pairing my second female Poecilotheria metallica. My second female is smaller than my first female as my second female is only at around 5''-5.25'' in leg span. I have yet to produce this species, but hopefully it'll be similar to other Poecilotheria species I've seen or worked with.

Another Poecilotheria metallica Pairing (my second female)

IMG_2427.JPG

MotherofDragons

Arachnopeon
Stromatopelma calceatum EWL'S

View attachment 402815
I would love to see a timeline given for the progression of the eggs and slings! Been scouring the board for something of this sort. I’m new to the hobby and trying to determine roughly, since there are factors varying from species to temperatures, how long it takes to get from egg sac to the sling size people sell. How long between instars at these stages, etc. A shop I follow told me they are pulling a sac in 3 weeks.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This female ate her first egg sack and after an entire molt cycle I'm going to give it a second try to hopefully get a good egg sack this time.

1.1.0 Theraphosa stirmi Pairing - Burgundy Goliath Bird eater

IMG_2462.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'm back after a while, it's warming up soon in the next month or two, so time to start breeding again.

Hysterocrates sp. "Benin"

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Very cool. The male is gorgeous! Love that reddish brown coloration. Hope you get a nice sac out of this pairing.
There is quite some variation with my two males for this species. One of them is larger and more brown like the typical Hysterocrates. This one (in the picture) is a bit smaller, with some reddish-brown coloration to him. Both of the males were sac mates, so they're brothers. And man do they look nothing alike, in my opinion. But yeah, I'm glad I got a chance to work with this species so let's hope for the best.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I paired the second Hysterocrates sp. "Benin" female and I made a video on it. I have to say the female was smooth and the male was very nice. Overall it was two really good lovebirds. I hope everyone enjoys this really cute pairing.

Female #2 Hysterocrates sp. "Benin" Pairing:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
No pictures or videos for this post, sadly. But here are some updates if anyone is curious.

Current Update:

Poecilotheria vitatta: NOT GOOD
The eggsac was not wrapped properly on one side which caused exposure and the eggs dried and rotted with springtails swarming them. My males are still alive and well, so another go after the next molt cycle probably.

Poecilotheria ornata: IN PROGRESS
The female is currently making her egg sac as of the typing of this post. I hope the sac is properly wrapped so it doesn't get exposed by outside factors like the P. vitatta. I truly hope this sac goes well. But let's wait and see.

Poecilotheria striata(s): IN PROGRESS
Paired 3 females so far. Two of them I believe to be successful, but the third one I'm not too sure so that's one I'm going to have to wait and see. I still have to pair more P. striata specimens as well. Luckily, I have enough mature males, which means one male gets one female. But Let's see where this goes.

Neoholothele incei: IN PROGRESS
I paired the female but I couldn't tell if he did the job or not. But the way he groomed his bulbous pedipalps makes me think he got the job done. So let's wait and see what comes of it in the future to truly know.

I have future plans for late this year or early next year. But let's see if the males mature on time or not for those other species.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's been a long while since I updated myself on what has been going on so here we go:

I paired some of the P. striata females again because I just wasn't sure if I saw a successful insertion on some pairings.

I also decided to pair some of my C. versicolors because why not? Although I paired my females, they are late into the molt cycle, so I don't think they'll drop. But let's see what happens.

The P. ornata EWL's are still EWL's so I'm just waiting for them to get into 1i then onto 2i. I have no idea how many I'll keep as holdbacks for future breeding projects. But I might keep a large number since they are state restricted and I do love P. ornata's.

My P. metallica females are gravid, but they're just horrible eaters so I can't get their abdomens plump. So they just look normal, but they do have eggs via. Candle method.

And that's about it for now. I'll update some things on Youtube and around here or the net. But that's about it for now.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Breeding video and a thank you to those who watched my videos. I'm truly appreciative for the support. :happy::cool:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I've finished the Poecilotheria ornata breeding with success. The total final count was 188 slings, now I just have to get at least a meal or two and hopefully all of them will eat and thrive. I have a slightly better picture of these guys on my Instagram. But anyhow, I have no idea how many I'll keep and I'll make a video on this on Friday so stay tuned I guess. I might have an idea on how many I'll keep as hold backs once I post the video on Friday. So I have officially produced my favorite species of tarantula, now onto bigger things. (●'◡'●)

S1280031.JPG