Liphistius, and attempting natural habitats

Emosavagerabbit

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I recently acquired a couple of my favorite spiders. An adult malayanus, and a juvenile thammarat. After a year of searching, they came home!

Shortly after getting them home, I realized my LPSs didn't carry excavator clay. After an expensive shipping adventure, I managed to get the Adult rehoused in a less than ideal 7x7x11. Despite this, she immediately took to the started burrow and built a lid in 48 hours.

20230311_161934.jpg

The Juvenile is now in an amac box, which I regret doing because she very recently molted in her tiny deli cup. Didn't see the molt until after she was relocated.

20230318_170444.jpg

I might have been a bit much with her first meal, but she didn't hesitate.

I'd imagine I should add isopods, and moss to the adults enclosure. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
For the Isopods Dwarf whites only, no laevis as they are ferocious protein seekers and will probably eat your moulting tarantula, other's are simply too large and will bother it

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Why not springtails?

@Isopods
They are actually very little exposed to their Environment so laevis would work (Not saying you are wrong with that Argument). Fairly easy as long as you meet their needs in the burrow, they don't really care what happens outside.

Emosavagerabbit

Arachnopeon
I forgot to mention those guys! Those will definitely be included.

Dwarf whites are not a species I currently have, ill have to work on that.