Liocheles australasiae 's temperament?

Neot

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have 6 tarantulas but never have experience with scorpion before, here are some questions I'd like to ask.

1. How is Liocheles australasiae's temperament, do they hide all the times, and rarely move like pet rock tarantula Brachypelma emilia? or prefer to stay in open area and have a some active side like Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (Green bottle Blue Tarantula) and Euathlus sp. red?

2. how long can they live?

callum b

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They're very inactive. I rarely see any of mine outside of their bark hides.

As to lifespan, the oldest individuals I have are about 6 years old now. They're from a family (Hormuridae) of generally slow growing and long lived genera, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were still around in a couple of years or more.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was going to say, if you're not familiar with a certain species of scorpions behavior, assume that it's aggressive until you can learn more about it.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very mellow on a good day, slightly less mellow on a bad one. Pretty much just hide all the time but are easy to keep. If you disturb them they'll try to scoot away from you. Never had any show of aggression from mine.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Fed my biggest one last night and was definitely more skittish than normal, but no signs of aggression from her.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
:)

They're pretty low energy, prefering to hide under scrapes of bark. They never seem to use their telson even to subdue prey, but I hardly ever see them eat as well despite them getting fatter and food disappearing. :)
Agreed. Even when in the open are very laid back.
Mine are from Dustin, photos below, very cool dwarf species.
These readily take nymph lateralis, not mature 5i, .75" in photo.

Attachments

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I've had 0 losses from all my broods. If i lose them, its due to poor conditions. theyre incredibly hardy.
Interesting, I think I lost mine due to temps being too low. They hit 67 fairly frequently (every night). I would like to get another one sometime, probably not now.