Ligia care

MTA

Arachnosquire
I have around a dozen of what I think is Ligia oceanica and currently they are housed in a cage with tissue paper, shells and bark but I am switching them to gravel soon. I gave them turtle food to eat and should I do anything else?

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
I enjoyed these wild in California, but don't have any advice for you in keeping them besides to try and replicate their native habitat and go from there. Let us know how they do, I haven't heard of anyone keeping these.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
They should have some source of salt water and probably some flat stones to hide under. Knowing that they are a type of isopod, they should be fed dead matter (from the nearby area, preferably), like seaweed and other "nasty" beach debris that you might find. Apparently they will also eat diatoms (the brown stuff you find in fish tank substrate and decor) and bladderwrack, both of which you may also find on the beach shore.

Just think roly-polies of the sea.

MTA

Arachnosquire
Only half of the original are left but they look like they're doing well, the die off might have been due to injury during capture, as they seem to be very fragile. I had some females give birth along with 2 gravid ones, so I have plenty of young around the cage.