Lighting or no lighting?

yannalanna

Arachnopeon
Okay so I recently just got a curly hair tarantula for my birthday. It’s my first tarantula. fun!! I know a good amount of info. Theres this one thing that keeps throwing me off is the lighting. Some say they dont need heat lamps or lighting and then some say they do. I just want a direct answer :( Can they have lighting that doesnt give off heat? Or no light in general. I heard different things and i just wanna know what to do with the whole lighting situation. I want to give whats best for my first tarantula.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Okay so I recently just got a curly hair tarantula for my birthday. It’s my first tarantula. fun!! I know a good amount of info. Theres this one thing that keeps throwing me off is the lighting. Some say they dont need heat lamps or lighting and then some say they do. I just want a direct answer :( Can they have lighting that doesnt give off heat? Or no light in general. I heard different things and i just wanna know what to do with the whole lighting situation. I want to give whats best for my first tarantula.
I have enough lighting from a ceiling light I don’t need additional lighting .. to see them.
No heat lamps, there may be regular lights that don’t disturb them when ceiling lights off for observation but I don’t know enough to suggest any. It might be in this guide;

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
i just use normal room lighting if i wanna try catching them out late nights i will use a good flashlight to try spying. far as temps go i just keep mine at 70 degrees year round. happy birthday to you also enjoy your new pet

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
They don’t need heat lamps or any supplemental heating unless your room is regularly under 68. Then there are heat mat discussions I could point you to.
I use a red flashlight to look at mine if I need anything more than the regular room lights.

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
No lighting. Lighting is for reptiles

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Ambient room lighting is fine.

As long as it isn't colder than the low to mid 60s or higher than the high 80s there's nothing to worry about with the temperature.

cold blood

Staff member
Lighting is irrelevant...you can choose to have a light, or not have a light, it will not affect your t.....just avoid heat lamps

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
"To Light Or Not To Light"
That is the question lol
Tastes Great... Less Filling... wait that's a different Light.
(Swiller Lite) lol

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heat lamps are fine if you’re an animal killer

They can have light.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
When I want to get a good viewing of my T's I fire up my flamethrower and blast it in all directions. Not only can I see them better but it will heat the room up like the African safari desert over 130F.

Disclaimer:
😈

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
When I want to get a good viewing of my T's I fire up my flamethrower and blast it in all directions. Not only can I see them better but it will heat the room up like the African safari desert over 130F.

Disclaimer:
😈
What You are describing is known as a "Bullfeathers Blower"
If We could just find a way to harness the power of that stuff.
LOL

Last edited: