Lighting options

Slide

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm curious about lighting for Ts. I'm looking for something that provides a full-spectrum light source, but that isn't harmful to the T.

From searching around, I've learned that using heatlamps and the like is generally a no-no, and that lighting in general is unnecessary, but as these are sitting pretty much on display in my living room, I'd like to be able to tastefully light them for a few hours per day -- and if the temperature goes up a few degrees as well, I wouldn't complain.. :) Just so long as what we're using isn't going to cause my T's to dessicate over the course of the few hours it will be on...

Cheers!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I have a really neat floor lamp that adjusts up and down and from side to side. I put a 40 watt bulb in it and position it on the whole collection. I have thermometers left and right, and check the temp every darn time I walk by. It usually runs about 78F... I put the slings closest to the lamp, I like them a little warmer. And I usually don't have a problem with humidity, I check my little guys often so they don't get a chance to dry up. Good luck!