Lighting for my Emps

herpist

Arachnosquire
My Emps are housed in the 45cm x 45cm Exo terra and I have the canopy with 1 repti glo 5.0 13w bulb for tropical set ups fitted. I thought this was the right bulb but since reading on here i've learnt that scorpions don't need or like uv bulbs.
So can I have some input on what I can replace it with, I still want to use the canopy so it needs to fit in it.
Many Thanks.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
100W Infrared Bulb. Usually run 10-13$. Just one bulb.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I went with the 100w infrared bulb, would I use a dimming thermostat with it.
I wouldn't need the heat mat then would I?
i find the heat pads are unnecessary. i find others hear it from someone who knew more than them and tell people and kids to go buy them. its overpriced garbage for bearded dragons, and sometimes snakes. your emps will be fine with a red bulb on one end of the enclosure, so they can thermoregulate by moving to the colder side.

herpist

Arachnosquire
i find the heat pads are unnecessary. i find others hear it from someone who knew more than them and tell people and kids to go buy them. its overpriced garbage for bearded dragons, and sometimes snakes. your emps will be fine with a red bulb on one end of the enclosure, so they can thermoregulate by moving to the colder side.
cool, thanks gromgrom.