Life is Interesting

redbadger

Arachnopeon
Life is interesting....who would know from one T's summertime travels....he would become the Ambassador of T's and bring me down this wonderful road of "Tarantulas"....I feel like the fairytale of the Old Woman who Lived in a shoe...who had so many children she didn't know what to do....Yes my shelves are out of room..I will need buy new shelves to fit all my eight-legged kids for the ones I have now.....and Thank you to Mendi :)..who mentioned Swifts Inverts in a thread.....Yes I went just to look...but soon found myself making a list :)...I also with the help from John Hoke and his encouraging words..I was brave enough to breed my A.hentzi's....what a rush! I may not get anything out of this attempt...but I sure learned alot....
I quess I also want to say to the Mrderanged and everyone else here... thanks for all the info shared.....
From Arachnophobic for years...To my first T in June(due to Code Monkey's encouraging words)..to 12 T's in July...August has just begun...Like I said.. life IS interesting!

Red
:)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Did I forget to mention that tarantulas are Highly Addictive? And Kelly always has some good stuff... I went there just yesterday and found he has some new slings listed, and have a new want list too(just a wish list now as I'm trying to remain on the T-wagon). I'm still an arachniphobe, but found that getting an adult G.rosea has helped me a lot recently. Funny having all these Ts around me and still have the fear attacks at times :rolleyes: But the handlable adult Ts I've got help remind me that having 8 fuzzy legs walking on ones body isn't as bad as I once though. You seem to have advanced more than me though. I didn't get to 12 until the 3rd month, but after that well things snowballed a bit. I believe I've got the addiction under control for the next few weeks though... =D =D

redbadger

Arachnopeon
Mendi
LOL....Addiction for sure!!
I quess there are far worse addiction....and not as fun...We may have to start AA (Arachnids Anonymous)program for our addiction;) I too still get a rush of fear when one of my T's gets a bit unruly and tries running up my arm or something:eek: Anyway I loved the Swift site...and my plastic money is ready;) :D along with my wish list....and my husband just said go for it :D :}
Red

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Glad to see you're so happy with them, Red :D It's always great to see someone confront their fears and become SO much happier because of it :)

On that note, I got my wife to hold her first tarantula yesterday. It was a baby A. avicularia that we've named Scooter (it's *SO* fast!). She's finally over her fear of them :)

-Bryan

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I just had to have my fix saturday, so i got a female chilean rose ;)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Originally posted by redbadger
We may have to start AA (Arachnids Anonymous)program for our addiction;)
Yeah, a 12 step program with other arachnid lovers. We can all trade secret places for collection with each other and call our sponsers to find out if they have dealt with 'so and so' before.

Originally posted by redbadger
Anyway I loved the Swift site...and my plastic money is ready;) :D along with my wish list....and my husband just said go for it :D :}
Red
That must be nice to have your hubbies approval, or really just anyone's approval. I find it is rare in the world outside our little arachnoholic addicts group to find that. I too fought pretty hard against using my plastic moneys on some of those tiny little slings. Space keeps getting tighter and tighter with each molt here to need to find more areas for the little sling vials... I'm working on that one though. How much more space for plastic show boxes am I going to need??? =D

Originally posted by King_Looey
I just had to have my fix saturday, so i got a female chilean
rose

It's pretty nice when you don't have to suffer with the withcrawls... oops, withdrawel symptoms. IT's now wonder I've gotten so many Chilean RH's on the one shelf that's been turned into their new abodes. Plus you get to rest easier knowing that they won't be suffering any more petstore abuses. Take a picture when it gets newly aquired plump belly for us

redbadger

Arachnopeon
Bryan ...for sure much happier for facing my fears....;)
My A. Avicularia...was the little booger that ran up my arm...I thought it was a pet rock untill it decided I looked like a jungle tree...LOL..Got a huge endorphine rush..Yahooooo!

redbadger

Arachnopeon
Mendi
LOL with calling our sponsers!!!!...Thank the Creator for Arachno support groups...Hehe!=D =D :D

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RE,, ANOTHER FIX!!!

;P ;P Yah,, im gona be getng another good fix on Sept. 22,, and its gona be a good one.. Nice brthday present to me... hehehe!!! :} :} =D

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey!

=D ;P Well , im getting alittle of this and alittle of that and lots of everything...hehehe!!!!! :} :} ;P =D

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh god.... i had another fix this weekend.... and not just Ts...
Bearacuda brought me a curly hair sling, a giant white knee juvinile, a camaroon red, and an usambara baboon.
I'm up to 15 now.
I went to a reptile show on sunday and brought some goodies home too......
a 1.5" camaroon red, 2 tangerine leopard geckos, and a baby bearded dragon....
My bookshelf is now past the filled mark.... time to go meijers and buy another one:)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Bearded dragons are *THE* best pets :D Make sure to train that cutie well. They're a lot smarter than most give them credit for.

-Bryan

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Speaking of getting a *fix* I just got mine yesterday. hehe I was fiending for a new tarantula so I got 4 slings to hold me over for a week... heh! Now I have 8 little kids :D Early bday present to myself :);P