Let's go to the desert!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Well, since everyone backed out, we (trailblazr80 and I) decided to check out desert hot springs.

Unfortunately, we didn't find much. I had initially assumed the region I targeted would be good, but ended up being a dump site, and little wildlife was active. We did come across an exceptionally large Baja california lyre snake, and I flipped a large stone, finding a beautiful syspira, but other than that, not much else, other than the occasional cryptoglossa death-feigning beetle.

We did have a minor altercation with some homo sapiens retardensis, who were unreasonably territorial, but other than that it was uneventful.

Maybe next time we'll succeed in getting this to work.

I was expecting some aphonopelma joshua, but they weren't seen.

Nothing but abandoned a.iodius burrows and the occasional empty hadrurus burrow..

Syspira is within the miturgidae family, and is closely related to the yellow and long-legged sac spiders. Very attractive!

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm coming down to LA this weekend (from norcal) maybe we could do a group thing? I'm not familiar with the place so forgive me if I'm a bit hesitant before meeting new people, maybe we could work out a meet in a public place first? I'm dying to catch a scorpion while I'm down here. Ideally not too far from the Glendale area.