Let this be a lesson learned!!!!

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So a few days ago i got the idea to handle my female pulchripes and take pictures. Took me a good 30 minutes to handle her because she was very skittish and would not walk on my hand. Then i finally let her walk out the enclosure onto my bed...(BAD MISTAKE!!!!) So after she was on my bed she felt more comfortable than being in the cage and walked onto my hand. After finally going on and me taking the pictures i let her back onto my bed. What im getting at is i've been itchy the past few days and i know why!!:mad: Uricating hairs are what are making me itch so badly. I know ive gotten them in my fingers because of the water blisters on my fingers. Ive been careful and washed my sheets and whatever else was on my bed at the time. Guess its my own fault, but what will anyone not do for their t's haha??:D Also ive been carefull to wash my hands because i dont want them in my eyes or nose or mouth.

These hairs itch my fingers mostly and these itch more than my brachy i had and rosea. All in all im laughing about it but wanted to share my story and remind the ethusiasts not to handle them on your bed ha ha!!:?

Ill post handling pictures after i get home later.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
some people have a worse reaction than others. This yet another reason why I don't handle.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya know...I've seen Youtube vids of people letting their Ts walk on their beds and furniture and often wondered if those people ended up with an itching frenzy? It's amazing haw easily those hairs transfer. No flicking needed...lol

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when i handle a T or scorp i almost always let them on my bed..maybe the T's don't kick hairs while their on it or maybe i don't react to them at all...i've had my rose hair kick right into my palm with no reaction before

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun. I haven't ever had a bad reaction to hairs even from Theraphosa sp. The most I experienced was a very mild itching.

web eviction

Arachnolord
I have no reaction to hairs at all and I have handle all my T's well until I got bit!:eek: but there's still a few I handle lol

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm, I let my rosie crawl on my bed, and have had no problems. Though I wouldnt let her on an open bed, or all over my pillow either. Imagine trying to explain "no it's not roseaca , but rosea!"

jgod790

Arachnoknight
My T's crawl on my bed all the time. I don't think Ive ever had a reaction to the hairs, but I wouldn't know because I have eczema, so my skin is itchy and irritated 24/7 anyway.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL! sorry but I really DID LOL there.

Ive done major cage maintance with bare hands (yeah yeah know.. I'm just more of a clutz with gloves on. ) and have had my palms itch for weeks! Luckly I don't get too bad of a reaction... my hands mostly bugged me when they were too warm as well... so a combo of things triggers the itch for me.

- Sharon

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was doing maintainance in my enclosure, I wanted to move my fresly molted A. geniculata into deli cup and she climbed onto tongs and onto my hand..... Damn I was nervous since she is very agressive so I quickly turned to my bed and put my hand down, she climed off it and I putted deli cup over her. :) All in all I didn't noticed any itch afterwards. I never experienced any itch from any of my spiders I have.

B00

Arachnopeon
When my B. Boehmei starts to pre-molt she kicks herself bald and then some, and you can't go into my room without itching for hours.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...i got the idea to handle my female pulchripes ... i've been itchy the past few days and i know why!!

... my fresly molted A. geniculata ... climbed onto tongs and onto my hand..... All in all I didn't noticed any itch afterwards. ...
These experiences point up the differences between us human beans - I'm so far impervious to my pulchripes' hairs (let 'im walk all over me), but my little A. genic makes me itch like a son-of-a-gun (don't go near 'im). :eek: