Lessons Learned on My Own

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
So, this thread is dedicated to your personal experience and the lessons nobody taught you. That said...

None of my T's are high maintenance. Even my S. Raja and A. Versi seem very happy with a once a week maintenance and feeding. I am quickly discovering that tarantula food sources require more upkeep than the T's themselves. It makes sense after all. If you aren't focusing on your T's nutrition then they won't be healthy.

What's your self learned lessons?

petkokc

Arachnosquire
Tarantula is strong enough to rip B. dubia in half if you keep holding it with thongs after she grabbed it...that was pretty surprising xD

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That you can watch videos on YouTube to learn about speed and unpredictability all you want, but that it doesn't prepare you whatsoever for when your P.irminia decides to bolt on you....

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Tarantula feces is one step below concrete... unless you add a bit of water. It's completely water soluable.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One thing I learned on my own with 1 species, it can spot movement up to 6 feet away. I was not expecting my P rufi to be so sensitive at all to such slow subtle movement.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
One thing I learned on my own with 1 species, it can spot movement up to 6 feet away. I was not expecting my P rufi to be so sensitive at all to such slow subtle movement.
You mean with it's eyes or from being hyper sensitive to air movement?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I tell you something <--- read this using Ajax voice of "The Warriors" flick -- nothing IMO is worst than genus Ephebopus poop to clean. Nothing. Not even 'Avics' one.

Zenith

Arachnopeon
Never attempt to do maintenance on an A. versicolor sling's enclosure before having to leave for work. It will run out and back in time and time again for at least 5 minutes, and your boss won't find "I was late because my tarantula wouldn't go back in its enclosure" as funny as you do.