leopard gecko changing color

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have two leopard geckos. one male from petco, one female from a breeder. when i looked in their tank today, the female appeared to be lighter then normal (almost pale). does that mean its about to shed?

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It sounds like it. :)

Keep an eye on her and double check her environment to make sure nothing is out of whack.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It sounds like it. :)

Keep an eye on her and double check her environment to make sure nothing is out of whack.
im whatching the enclosure. the only thing i did differently this morning is i sprayed the shed box (i use a half log with moss as the substrate.).i figured my geckos would be shedding soon.

Penna

Arachnopeon
It probably means its going to shed, They get paler then the skin slowly peels off them, and they usually eat it so don't be suprised if you cant find it and have a bright gecko suddenly.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It probably means its going to shed, They get paler then the skin slowly peels off them, and they usually eat it so don't be suprised if you cant find it and have a bright gecko suddenly.
how long does it normally take though?

HepCatMoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my fat tails will usually shed within a day of turning real pale. i bet lepards are preatty similar.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my fat tails will usually shed within a day of turning real pale. i bet lepards are preatty similar.
are they supposed to gain there spots little by little? because my leopard gecko's starting to get a few spots.

Penna

Arachnopeon
are they supposed to gain there spots little by little? because my leopard gecko's starting to get a few spots.

Yeah they usually start out banded when they are young then get more yellow and spotted as they get older.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah they usually start out banded when they are young then get more yellow and spotted as they get older.
oh, ok. i wasnt sure if the spots would just appear, or if the bands would fade away as the spots and yellow color increased.