Leopard Frogs at T food?

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I caught a couple of Leopard Frogs at the lake today. They okay for my Ts to enroach themselves on 'em?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Stick with crickets and roaches, trust me on that one ;)

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I mean like once every 10 years... Just to fatten up my possibly gravid girl.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
stick to the crickets or roaches. you're going to hafta deal with that stinky mess and taking the remaining skin out of her enclosure when the T's are done with them.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So I caught a couple of Leopard Frogs at the lake today. They okay for my Ts to enroach themselves on 'em?
They are protected in Manitoba so you are not allowed to take any from the wild (goes for all herptiles)

You can use a smaller thawed mouse for fattening up if you not feeding her that too often or use large roaches or grasshoppers

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am also pretty sure Leopard Frogs have a pretty good amount of toxins in their skins. I may be mistaking them with Pickerl Frogs, but its not worth the risk.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a decent % of amphibs have toxins or repugnatorials in their skin

i believe they also are known for carrying parasites, worms, and other nasties a high % of the time

you could probably find feeder frogs for ~$3-5 canada bucks if you want to feed a frog.

it won't be that yucky to feed a vert if you feed a fairly small vert to a fairly large tarantula

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Besides that many frogs are naturally toxic AND full of parasites, amphibians absorb any toxins in their environment through the skin, even more so than other creatures. So the slightest pollutant, pesticide, or other unpleasantness that might have made its way into the environment, those frogs will carry.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
People who'vew been in humid T habitats saw them eat plenty of frogs. They are actualy among the best, if you can find a source clear of pesticides. Even raised feeders might have parasites.