Leiurus vs androctonus

Johnn

Arachnoknight
I know more potent androctonus species are deadliest due to yield but is leiurus more painful or does it need you up more? I heard it's clinical manifestations are more severe than crassicauda despite being less likely to cause death. Does anyone have any info on venom profiles including receptors affected including pain receptors etc? Thanks

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Here's a recent thread that was debating what's the deadliest scorpion in the world:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
No two scorpion envenomation grades mirror each other perfectly or are identical. But are informative nonetheless. Here are two examples:
scorpion-sting-13-638.jpg biomedicines-08-00118-g002-550.jpg

EDIT: I just want to clarify from my Franzwerneri sting report, my thumb was not cold (or ice cold) extremity to the touch but was experienceing alternating "cold flashes" between the throbbing pain.

Last edited:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Nah, we aren't going to create another thread similar to the older larger one. Just pointing out to Johnn that local symptoms and its level of pain it produces should never be used a meter for its level of toxicity. In fact, localized pain no matter how severe is one of the least of one's worries.