legless lovin part 2..pics..

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahh yeah put my male in with female number 2 and he went right at it once again. :) enjoy

Phil
once again the hissing of sweet nothings works every time

He makes his move

And it's on :)

Now they have to fight over who sleeps in the wet spot. lol Sorry couldn't help that one. :)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Phillip

Now they have to fight over who sleeps in the wet spot. lol Sorry couldn't help that one. :)
Phill,
NICE SNAKES! Really nice...and..thanks for the early morning laugh..
hahahahahaha!!
=D
Peace,
Gillian

Deathreaver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey phil,
At this rate you gona have plunty of those lil things running around. They should have eggs and hatch in May right?? Hopefully in time for the rep show, that would make it easier for buy a present for pategirls b-day, though she normally breaks my wallet anyways. ;P

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good luck Phillip! My very first grayband laid 11 eggs for me the first time I bred her. Alterna are still my all time favorite non-venomous snake. I can hardly wait to see one in the wild. I was skunked the only time I actually herped alterna territory. At least I had a chance to enjoy the habitat they live in. What a great area for herps.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nope ...

He didn't miss that was just leakage. :) I was actually glad to see it as I saw him penetrate both females but was worried he might not have had time to charge up for the second one and might have been firing blanks. It seems as if he was fully loaded though.

Phil

Slide

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not up on my snakes, but whatever they are -- they're gorgeous!

Cheers!

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
whatever they are...

They are Lampropeltis alterna ( Greybanded kingsnakes ) a medium sized king reaching between 3 and 4 feet and possibly the calmest king when it comes to handling. Also one of the most varied looking kings or snakes for that matter. Very easy to keep once you get the young feeding as they start out wanting lizards but once switched to pinks are as hardy as any snake around.

And no I won't have babies from this breeding by May as even if eggs dropped out today it takes somewhere around the 60 day mark for most colubrid eggs to hatch. Some sooner some longer but 60 is a pretty good time to start expecting it. Also after breeding it can take a month or more before the eggs are actually laid. Rest assured though I will have them. :) I have a pretty good track record with the colubrids I've worked with and Greybands aren't the toughest thing to breed.

Phil

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
two are locale...

The male and female number one are route 277. The second female is from parents that were 277 and I cant remember what off the top of my head have to find the card I wrote it on. :)

Phil