Leg injury or mites on tarantula?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Could be moss/ substrate or could be an old injury. Hard to tell from the photo. Is it leaking any fluid?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I don’t think so. At least I didn’t see any liquid… it’s weird tough that I couldn’t get it off from him!
I'd just leave it alone and keep an eye on it. If it's not actively bleeding, I don't think I'd be too concerned. If the leg is badly injured, they will self-amputate it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing circled, no idea what you are talking about.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Aww c'mon Viper :rofl: play nice, it's not that hard to tell haha
Sorry, I can’t read minds and sit there “maybe that’s it”

why don’t you play nice and quickly mark the images as others do…

Last edited:

jc55

Arachnoknight
It is odd but as long as the Tarantula is ok all you can do is monitor the spot at this point.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Sorry, I can’t read minds and sit there “maybe that’s it”

why don’t you play nice and quickly mark the images as others do…
The rest of us must be then ;) I'd understand a bit more if there wasn't a general picture and a close up of the effected area
However, I also understand clarity is key and this may have been just your way of conveying that.
To answer your question, I'm restricted from downloading or editing images at work.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The rest of us must be then ;) I'd understand a bit more if there wasn't a general picture and a close up of the effected area
However, I also understand clarity is key and this may have been just your way of conveying that.
To answer your question, I'm restricted from downloading or editing images at work.
Other members circle ROI. Any poster that drops images should be helping us help them in EVERY way possible. After all it's their pet NOT mine.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Other members circle ROI. Any poster that drops images should be helping us help them in EVERY way possible. After all it's their pet NOT mine.
Being pedantic isn't going to help though.
While I and others value the fact that you're greatly experienced, your tone often leaves a lot to be desired. Especially to those that aren't aware of your knowledge.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
While I and others value the fact that you're greatly experienced, your tone often leaves a lot to be desired. Especially to those that aren't aware of your knowledge.
Pedantic- that’s a subjective term, and means nothing here.

My experience has nothing to do with my comment asking for a circle. It is about efficiency of my time. You want help, make it as easy as possible for others to help you, that’s a wild and crazy idea, or as others as call it - common sense

There is no tone in written words for me, people erroneously assume tone.

I can write anything, and you’ll never ever know how I feel when you read my words.

For example, I read your pedantic response, for all I know you’re laughing at me or you’re a raging monster. In either case that’s an assumption, and in either case it doesn’t matter to me for the purpose of providing information.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Pedantic- that’s a subjective term, and means nothing here.

My experience has nothing to do with my comment asking for a circle. It is about efficiency of my time. You want help, make it as easy as possible for others to help you, that’s a wild and crazy idea, or as others as call it - common sense

There is no tone in written words for me, people erroneously assume tone.

I can write anything, and you’ll never ever know how I feel when you read my words.

For example, I read your pedantic response, for all I know you’re laughing at me or you’re a raging monster. In either case that’s an assumption, and in either case it doesn’t matter to me for the purpose of providing information.
I don't agree it means nothing here, it still has meaning just not one you feel applies. In any case, the mention of your experience is relevant as that is why you are respected for your input and help :)
As you say, tone may not be conveyed by written word to you......but choice of wording can mean a great deal to many others.
We're all here for the love of our Ts at the end of the day

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't agree it means nothing here, it still has meaning just not one you feel applies. In any case, the mention of your experience is relevant as that is why you are respected for your input and help :)
As you say, tone may not be conveyed by written word to you......but choice of wording can mean a great deal to many others.
It means nothing because the word is subjective. Just because you say something is pendantic doesn't mean it is, and vice versa. Which is why I said subjective- not applicable.

Choice of wording may matter, true. However, far too often on a forum people ASSUME someone meant something, WITHOUT actually clarifying FIRST. That is the reader's mistake, not the writer's mistake.

For example, many of the overly sensitive people I've seen here think when I write a sentence and end with an !, that I am angry. Well that's a RIDICULOUS assumption. An ! is used to emphasize a thought/point. Ending with an ! doesn't mean the writer is angry. Do these people clarify with me...NO! < emphasis.

We're all here for the love of our Ts at the end of the day
Complete agree, which is why I found all your replies to me here as pedantic :wacky:

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Maybe dogmatic is a better adjective? :rofl:
I noticed today that my male megaphobema mesomelas has a very weird thing on his “knee”. It looks like the moss I have in his terrarium, but it’s definitely stuck on the leg. I’ve tried to lift it off when I thought it was just moss. What could it be???
If it is moss, it might've gotten stuck in some hemolymph at the joint and dried on? That seems like something a t would usually groom off of themselves though unless it stemmed from an injury. Interesting! If it's not bothering him then maybe it's just an eclectic sense of self expression lol

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Do these people clarify with me...NO!
There you go, for efficiency of your time and the sake of the person reading YOU should word your replies more thoughtfully.

I'm not the first to try mention your method of conveying a point being abrasive to others. Whether intended or not, it is the outcome on many occasions.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There you go, for efficiency of your time and the sake of the person reading YOU should word your replies more thoughtfully.

I'm not the first to try mention your method of conveying a point being abrasive to others. Whether intended or not, it is the outcome on many occasions.
You're so pedantic.

You aren't the first, and you won't be the last. However, there are also many others who have no issue, and like direct, honest, and free advice. So you see it's a no win situation. People who want softer words are part of the milk and cookie crowd, right @DaveM :rofl:

Dave's doctoral thesis is not in biochemistry. In fact his doctoral thesis is in writing, specifically writing a long thesis with the softest words possible. So soft, that upon reading his words the reader has an orgasm upon reading the word no.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
People who want softer words are part of the milk and cookie crowd, right @DaveM :rofl:
What has happened here was nothing short of magical. An observant and caring tarantula keeper -- bravo @NormaLou! -- showed kindly concern for the above-pictured spider. One among us, well-known for his eagerness to help others, none other than our very own redoubtable @spideyspinneret78, has provided an excellent answer to reassure his fellow enthusiast.

Now why should any here witnessing the fulfillment of Arachnoboard's raison d'être feel aught but joy on the occasion? Nay, it must not be so.

@AlbaArachnids92, noble denizen of la belle Ecosse, tell me this if you can: underneath those rough-keeled scales, behind the undulating elocution of that forked reptilian tongue, don't you think @viper69 is really just such a sweetheart?
I dearly yearn to validate your feelings on this issue, but let us walk a mile in another man's shoes, so to speak.
@viper69, the single most prolific poster on these Fora, just shy of 15,000 contributions from his great brain to greener minds. How can you put a price on that?
Surely output of this quantity and quality deserves to be forgiven if it be somewhat concise and brusque in its delivery, yes?

I'm not the first to try mention your method of conveying a point being abrasive to others.
Not in dispute, and your motives may be pure as the season's first snowflakes to dust the peak of Ben Nevis, but don't we all recognize the utility of abrasives in smoothing out problem spots?
Newer keepers have lots of problem spots, and we must not harangue or besmirch one of our best fixers. Everyone has some kinds of superficial behavioral affectations. It's what's inside that counts, that and what we do for other people.
Let's not whimper about anyone's tiny little feelings getting hurt. Bruised egos are a small price to pay for helping the animals under our care to live better lives.

Dave's doctoral thesis is not in biochemistry. In fact his doctoral thesis is in writing, specifically writing a long thesis with the softest words possible.
:grumpy: Humph. Enough of that. Join me, everyone, in a virtual celebration of ourselves, free milk and cookies for all!!! 🥛 🍪
Eating stuff like this activates the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B/mechanistic target of rapamycin pathway and numerous downstream effector genes, which can help us calm down and feel good 👍

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@DaveM Bravo my wordsmith and fellow PI3K extraordinaire, Bravo -- Best balanced post I've seen in a very long time, impressive, thank you for your time as always.

🍪
🥛

I was checking out some nice light sheet images lately- nice stuff!

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
@viper69, the single most prolific poster on these Fora, just shy of 15,000 contributions from his great brain to greener minds. How can you put a price on that?
Surely output of this quantity and quality deserves to be forgiven if it be somewhat concise and brusque in its delivery, yes?
I have made mention of his value more than once and this was not something I am to put in doubt in any way. Many new members are not aware. It was the exact reason I didn't start my reply with "oi @viper69, no need for that is there, clearly see it unless you're blind?" originally.

My original comment to this post was a light hearted reply. Maybe my replies have not come across as intended. I've even tried to back off a few times, siding with his original comment asking for clarity!
I've been met repeatedly with reasons why asking for clarity in a nicer way is not considered by some people.
Not even asking for P's and Q's, just some consideration.
"can you circle the area?" - "where exactly do you mean?" - "need more pictures"
All short, concise and to the point. *I'm only example replies to this thread* I wouldn't even say say @viper69 was rude to the OP in this thread.

@DaveM I hope this make sense :) the only reason I continue commenting now is I think even though some other may have found this back and forth abrasive or confrontational, I believe discussion is the route most people <should take>edit*.

@viper69, I do apologize if this has come across as just another snowflake taking time out of your day to call you out. I harbor no ill-feeling toward you and my original reply was not intended as a slight, just kindly ask that you remember there is another human between you and the T you are commenting to help :)

Last edited: