leaving the hobby

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just feel weird having an account here if i don't contribute to the hobby :eek: i might change my mind about deleting my account, we'll see.

dan
Dude, I've never contributed anything to the hobby and I'm still here and everyone puts up with me. Don't delete your account. You've got friends here so, WTH, stop in and say hi every once in a while.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck with school and life in general. :) And I do think you will be back. Hope the loans-babies find good homes.

Also, for those of us currently involved it might be a good time to step back and take a look. The nice thing about the T hobby is that tarantulas are not very time consuming, but lots of them breeding can really add up. Their is nothing wrong and you are no less of a hobbyist for keeping fewer tarantulas or being more and less involved in the hobby as your life allows. After all, keep it fun!

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Quitting T's is easy, I've done it twice in the last 17 years.

But just when I thought I was out they drew me back in. I had to give up T's when I went off to school as well, and again because my wife didn't understand my interests. Now I have a small manageable collection and my wife is fine with it, my kids love them, and I am able to manage my time enough to be a partner in a successful surgical practice. It sounds like you need the break to balance your life and find your measure of success. It shows maturity and intelligence. Good luck in school. The T's will still be here when you need them. Remember, it's like riding a bicycle.