LEAST venomous desert species

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What are some relatively safe desert species I could consider for my next scorp?
Pics and suggestions would be great.

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hadrurus

Just get a desert hairy scorp. If you do get tagged it will go away within a few hours. There are other desert species out there that are good for novices, but the hairy scorps are pretty cool, especially the pallid subspecies.
:D

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Hadrurus arizonensis
Smeringus mesaensis (lightning fast)

the H. arizonensis is readily available, big, and active...sting will hurt a lot but the venom is nothing to worry about (unless you're allergic of course). If you're worried about an allergic reaction keep some Benadryl close by.

go to
invertcare and go through the different genus' looking for desert species. The venom rating along with speed, growth rate, attitude, etc are also listed along with basic care requirements.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i heard Opisto and scorpio spp have very painful stings..
and that some Scorpio species are quite dangerous compared to other scorpionids

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well hadrurus sting are equally painfull. And scorpion maurus sometimes being dangerous is something i have also heard indeed. but i never had that confirmed. maybe it caused a few people to get anaphylactic shock.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you looking for non-venemous and pretty placid, Cheloctonus jonesii would be a good bet.