Latrodectus hesperus texanus eggsac

NYAN

Arachnoking
Nice work!

Curious, have you raised slings to adulthood before? If I recall from my experience, I’ve never had a sling bred from a female with this coloration achieve the same coloration as an adult.

These are very mysterious, and I am not sure what to think about them.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Wow! That color on a hesperus? That's insane, I've never seen anything like that. Gorgeous spider!

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice work!

Curious, have you raised slings to adulthood before? If I recall from my experience, I’ve never had a sling bred from a female with this coloration achieve the same coloration as an adult.

These are very mysterious, and I am not sure what to think about them.
I bought these as “L. Mexicanus” from todd. I was lead to believe from someone else it is a species of its own and that they reside more on texas/mexico border. I was able to obtain a male and successful breed them til this day. and yes they do retain that juvenile markings all the way to adulthood. some will have white markings with red stripe and some with slight red markings on the side.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I bought these as “L. Mexicanus” from todd. I was lead to believe from someone else it is a species of its own and that they reside more on texas/mexico border. I was able to obtain a male and successful breed them til this day. and yes they do retain that juvenile markings all the way to adulthood. some will have white markings with red stripe and some with slight red markings on the side.
Ive kept the same one as this, but for some reason the individuals lost all markings right before maturity. Very strange.

Based on my research, I think this is a unique species. I’m sure one day it will be separated like the mactans mexicanus was.

CRX

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That looks like fire bolts or lightning. Incredible marking on these.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone... Here is a better photo from when a few months ago

Attachments

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Bright Red and Yellow on Black, with little Eye spots...
That's Natures way of saying "Danger Stay Back"