Latrodectus geometricus color morphs

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
With so many L. geometricus at my lab I decided to photo the different color morphs:
Spots and stripes

more spots and stripes

orange?

yellow?

tan

almost black

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cool! Maybe they would be better named Latrodectus polymorpha! :D

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I posted this link once or twice before, but here it is again. ...shows some great geo morphs from their native land.
L.geometricus

spydrhunter1, I did get your PM. I'll look into what I have available, but Im easily distracted right now, so if you dont here from me sometime soon, shoot me another message ...ok ;)
I have not been receiving nor sending any trades lately, but should be able to soon. (mostly matter of being available when they arrive and being able to get to the damn post office/fedx ...besides I desire no more sitting on the front steps California sun baked spiders! :rolleyes: )

oh, and...
are your dark morphs holding that trait through a line or are they but random exotic babes? I'm finding that my lightest lines tend to darken to rich chocolate yummies long after final molt. Though, if that pic is accurate, none of mine have turned that dark.(almost)
If you truly have an ongoing dark line, Id love to make a trade for a mate-able pair from the same line or gravid fem from sibling male.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those are beautiful! I was just wondering with all those color varieties how can you tell if the spider is a L. geometricus? Is there any distinct marking that they all have or something? Or do you have to look at the genitalia? *Doesn't want to imagine it* lol!

Black Widow88

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think I posted this link once or twice before, but here it is again. ...shows some great geo morphs from their native land.
L.geometricus
I would love to get some truly wild African Latrodectus geometricus stock. Only problem, I don't see a trip to Africa anytime soon (if ever) and how would I get them home.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are beautiful! I was just wondering with all those color varieties how can you tell if the spider is a L. geometricus? Is there any distinct marking that they all have or something? Or do you have to look at the genitalia? *Doesn't want to imagine it* lol!

Black Widow88
If you look closely at the pics, you'll see that each really has the same markings. Geos also tend to have some color around their spinnerets and even the darkest morphs under good lighting will show transparent brown in their legs.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't notice that the markings were similar to each other until you mentioned it. Thanks!

Black Widow88