Latrodectus Enclosure Maintenance

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
20-40 days depending on things. if they've been there since december, well, probably no luck...
Or...it is just really cool in their basement. I have been playing around with sticking sacs in the fridge and such... Had one in the fridge for two months starting the day after it was made, the eggs went from looking brand new to eggs with legs in a day after being removed from the cooler temps of the fridge. :D

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Or...it is just really cool in their basement. I have been playing around with sticking sacs in the fridge and such... Had one in the fridge for two months starting the day after it was made, the eggs went from looking brand new to eggs with legs in a day after being removed from the cooler temps of the fridge. :D
while i agree, i have to say, i think 4 months is a verrry long not to hatch- especially in a basement which hits 50F at the lowest.

now, i have never tried sticking sacs in a fridge for 4 months or anything, so i can't say that it won't hatch with 100% certainty. have you tried 4 months? i just think that at a 50F temp, the sac should have hatched by now (4 months later). i could totally be wrong though...

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 3 more in the fridge still, just have to wait for their time to be up.