Lasiodorides striatus

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Would you care for this spieces sorta like a L.Parahybana??? Can someone tell me about there attitude, and alittle about them anyone who has dealed with them there number 1 on my most wanted list, and i a probably going to buy one soon i just want to know alittle about them before i buy one

Sean

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well.....I own a Lasiodorides striatus myself named Ari. She tends to be a very reclusive little sucker. So you might want to provide enough potting soil and a hide so that it can burrow. I've found mine likes things on the dry side. She tends to climb the walls when it is soaking wet in her enclosure. As far as attitude, mine is a little beast when provoked. Like I said, they're pretty reclusive and like their privacy. I rarely see her outside of her burrow. She only comes out for a drink. Crickets tend to walk right into her parlor where she can nab them in privacy.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thanks for the info, how large is yours??

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sean
thanks for the info, how large is yours??
I'd say she's bordering on 3 inches. She rarely let's me get a good view of her and she runs into her burrow when she sees me open the lid. I don't think she'd want me plunking a tape measure near her.

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an 8" female, likes to be out in the open, and also a little on the drier side. I do a little light misting once a day though. I've provided a hide and plenty of substrate to burrow in but she like to sit out in the open. She's gentle though, never stood up or kicked, I can clean all around her and she pays me no attention at all:) She was my first and one of my favorites:)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tim R.
I have an 8" female, likes to be out in the open, and also a little on the drier side. I do a little light misting once a day though. I've provided a hide and plenty of substrate to burrow in but she like to sit out in the open. She's gentle though, never stood up or kicked, I can clean all around her and she pays me no attention at all:) She was my first and one of my favorites:)
See Tim that is what i am talking about that is a cool ass spider right there, man that is cool have you thought about breeding her???

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine isn't 8 inches yet. She's only about pushing 3 inches so she hasn't gotten bold yet. Same thing with my OBT.

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Sean:), Actuallly I have'nt. I'd like to although it would be my first attempt. Any idea how many would come from that sac?

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Sean:), Actuallly I have'nt. I'd like to although it would be my first attempt. Any idea how many would come from that sac?

Not sure but there a pretty large T, Tony had his L.Parahybana that i believe was 8-9 inches that had over 2500 slings im guessing L.Striatus can have atleast 500-1000 im probably not accurate someone correct me if im wrong

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd have to give a butt load of those away:)
Yeah but you would probably make alot of money, from a dealer because there not a real common spieces

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I can get Ari out of her little sanctuary (She'll be plenty pissed off at me too.) I'll try to get a picture of her for you all.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, as promised here is my Lasiodorides striatus Juvenile, Ari. She's mightily pissed off at me because I had the audacity to change her jungle mix to straight Sphagum (I like that word.) Peat Moss. She's currently climbing the walls right now in defiance of my act. But here she is beforehand in the temporay Deli Cup retreat.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice, how big was she when you got her, do they have a fast growth rate you think?