Lasiodora Striatus

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im considering getting one of these. How big do these guys eventually get?

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Alonso99
Anyone?
If you can't find any info on it, it would be good to keep in mind that Lasiodora Striatus used to be called pamphobeteus wallacei.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Do you mean Lasiodorides striatus? If so, they get pretty good sized. 8" legspan isn't uncommon. Here's a picture of one of mine.

Joy

Last edited:

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
Do you mean Lasiodorides striatus? If so, they get pretty good sized. 8" legspan isn't uncommon. Here's a picture of one of mine.

Joy
Holy crap, yours is that big and it let you do that?

Joy

Old Timer
Originally posted by AlbinoDragon829
Holy crap, yours is that big and it let you do that?
I have found these to have a somewhat skittish temperament, but they aren't at all prone to bite IME.

Joy

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen some similar pics of people on these boards holding their big tarantulas.. And those pictures have that similar red background.. Do you have any other pics of big tarantulas being held?

Joy

Old Timer
I've seen some similar pics of people on these boards holding their big tarantulas.. And those pictures have that similar red background.. Do you have any other pics of big tarantulas being held?
It just so happens I do :)

(Nick, I have been here since Saturday. I am hoping to be an arachnoknight by next Saturday, LOL)

Joy

Last edited:

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey there Joy

I never get tired of seeing that awesome pic. Welcome to the arachnoboards Joy :)

Alex S.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
It just so happens I do :)

(Nick, I have been here since Saturday. I am hoping to be an arachnoknight by next Saturday, LOL)

Joy
Judging from the looks, that appears to be a T. Blondi, am I correct?

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe it's just me, but after taking another look at the abdomen on that blondi (if it is indeed one), that abdomen would make a great shifting knob on a gear shifter :p

Joy

Old Timer
Maybe it's just me, but after taking another look at the abdomen on that blondi (if it is indeed one), that abdomen would make a great shifting knob on a gear shifter :p
Yes, it's a blondi. That picture was taken not long after she molted, when she was still pretty skinny. Here's a picture showing her current status :)

Joy