• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Lasiodora parahybana

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
SUCCESSFUL

I used my own mature male, and my own female for this one. The male molted mature on 7-31-03. The female is approx 8" and molted on 7-1-03. The female is in a 10 gallon aquarium with dry peat moss substrate.

I introduced my male on 8-24-03 after power feeding the female. He climbed into her tank, and drummed. She seemed receptive, and he got at least one palp inserted before bolting. This was the only time they mated. On subsquent attempts, she chased him off before he could even enter her tank.
The initial hookup was very short, it only lasted a few seconds.
After mating, I kept feeding the female as much as she could eat. I observed her abdomen getting HUGE. There was no cooling off period.
The female made an eggsac on 2-28-04, in her water dish. I was concerned initially due to the fact that the water dish had water in it (obviously!)
She guarded it continuously, and I pulled the sac on 3-27-04, with the intention of manually incubating it.
When I opened the sac, I saw a few thousand eggs :). However, there was also a whitish 'dust' that rose as I poured the eggs into the incubator. There was no sign of any embryonic development.
I put one of the eggs under the microscope, and could also see no development.
At this point 4-3-04, I am concluding that the eggs are infertile. There are no 'bad eggs' but there is no sign of any development that should definately be there at this point.

EDIT: I may end up revising this completely, but it looks like I was wrong. There is a slight bit of development to some of the eggs today. (4-5-04).
I'll update this when I know more....

EDIT: 4-17-04...I have revised status to successful. I have a sac full of post embryos at this point.

Last edited:

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
This is my first Lasiodora parahybana breeding and was excited to do it so here's the details......

Species:
Lasiodora Parahybana "Brazilian Salmon Birdeater"

The T's:
Male: mine matured 2 or so months ago.
Female: Anastasia

Details:

The male & females enclosure were placed near each other. I had taken the lid off the enclosures. The male was walking around on the brim of his enclosure and headed down into hers. He ended up walking almost right on top of her.

The female sensed him and moved back a couple steps. The male then quickly went up to the female with no drummin or twitching and lifted her right up. She gave a bit of resistance but he managed to get some insertions.

Once he was done, he held her back with his front legs straight out and then bolted in the direction of his enclosure.

As typical breeding goes!

Breeding:
Successful

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
My second Lasiodora parahybana breeding

Species:
Lasiodora Parahybana "Brazilian Salmon Birdeater"

The T's:
Male: Mine
Female: Mine

As typical breeding goes!

Breeding: Successful

kennfreeloader

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just mated the pair less than 3 weeks ago (12/05/08) so there are still no signs of an eggsac.

Male: approx 7.5". 1 month past ultimate molt (never made spermwebs since the mating)
Female: approx 7"

Only mated them once because I am still waiting for the male to make another spermweb before trying again.
Used brushes to nudge T's into correct position for mating
Male was drumming and very interested in mating.
Female tired to shy away from him but I helped him out by nudging her into position with brushes.
2 insertions were achieved after 5 minutes and male scampered away
Placed female in large tank with 5" substrate, 1.5" deep water dish with pebbles and hiding place.

3 days after she settled in her new tank she started hanging out on the water dish a lot.

Fingers crossed

I'm not sure if this indicates that what I see is sperm so you be the judge

before mating (freshly molted)

after mating

should i still try mating them now that she seems "filled"?

SUCCESS!

3 weeks after it was laid, I drew the sac, opened it, and found hundreds of good looking eggs. Poured them onto a small tray and incubated them for a week. They started hatching one day before Valentine's day :)

Last edited by a moderator:

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
UN-successful :(

Paired The male, and female in the beginning of june, and a couple more times throughout july/aug until she refused him

fed her up over the next few months....she decided to drop a sac last week(jan13-15th)....she made a really small web bowl, and dropped only a small amount eggs??...she seemed like she was taking good care of it??..very protective of it......yesterday i noticed it seemed small and mis-shapped??:wall:...decided to pull it and found that it was bad....opened it and found black mushy eggs :(....not dried out, jus went bad what happened??

Anyone with any input on what might have went wrong, would be greatly appreciated??....this was my 1st terrestrial sac(only ever had Avic sp sacs previous to this one)

Gunna post this in T chat aswell, so respond there!...thanx

Last edited:

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
L. parahybana Successful !

L. parahybana Successful

Paired 12/17/13
Sac laid 2/25/14
Pulled Sac 4/14/14 - 198 1st instars
4/29/14 - 198 2nd instars
6/01/14 - 198 3rd instars

Paired a 4" MM with my 7-8" MF who laid me a dud sac last year. She molted 10/13 last.

As soon as he touched the ground in her cage he started tapping, and she responded with the loudest thumping I've ever heard from any T, literally sounded like a large rabbit.
He got 4 or 5 insertions and they looked real good, saw some wetness on her. He tried to make a sudden exit and she pounced him before I could even react.
She ate heartily and disappeared in until I spotted her laying down the sac on 2/25/14

Pulled the sac on 4/14 and got 198 fat instars and a lot of dud eggs. I never counted them all but I'd estimate 800-900. They immediately dog piled up and started rebuilding their sac in a half dome.
I separated them as they finished their final molt, the size gain was crazy, they are all dime to nickel size and very fast.