Lasiodora parahybana pictures

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody out there can give me pictures of a full grown female Lasiodora parahybana if you have one can you post it? The resone I am posting this is becuse I have a little 2 inch sling and ever site I go to says something diffrent I have seen it getting 8-14 inches :?.

Thanks for any pics/posts
Arachnokid 93

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
size

I have a 6 inch parahybana, others have said a 9 inch is about the largest they will get.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try doing a search in the Tarantula Pictures forum.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
14in is way off. No T that we have seen or heard of has ever reached that size. As posted in another thread, T Blondi still holds the record. I think it was 12in. Anyway, just check out the arachnogallery. You should see some good pics in there.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here's my big female. She's 8.75"

Last edited:

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From everything i've read they don't get anywhere near 14". i believe the T. blondi is supposed to have the longest leg span. However, i have read that the L. parahybana is supposed to be the heaviest. Does anyone know how much they can actually weigh?

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Generally 10 inch is said. I don't know any who has reached it though.
Seriously! How come it's so unusual to hear about someone with one that's the size they're supposed to get to?

I'm pretty sure T blondi is the heaviest, and T apophysis has a slightly larger legspan and weighs slightly less. L parahybana has third place for legspan and third (fourth?) for weight.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The two I have are still slings but, I saw one at the zoo a couple of weeks ago and I would say it was about 8-9". Can't say for sure without a measuring tape but it was pretty big.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my adult female has recently molted and the skin measures 7.5 inches. so i guess she's around 8 or maybe even 8.5 inches now... personally i have never seen a parahybana bigger than 9 inches.

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seriously! How come it's so unusual to hear about someone with one that's the size they're supposed to get to?
Because they really aren't SUPPOSED to get to any particular size. They just grow to what they get to. Using the largest specimen as a benchmark is not correct. Average size is better. L. parahybana probably average about 8 inches but you might get a bigger one once in while.

It's like saying people grow to 7 feet 2 inches looking at Yao Ming and then being disappointed when your human only grows to 6 feet 2 inches.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
size

But there IS a size they will usually attain, in general, with most specimens. So we can say para will reach probably 8 inches, with some specimens reaching perhaps 9 or so. Maybe an exceptional sized one would make it to 10. Just like how big blondi or apophysis usually reach, and how big some exceptional ones can get.