Lasiodora parahybana male life span

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone know how long a male tarantula lives? iv looked everywhere and cant find nothing.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anyone know how long a male tarantula lives? iv looked everywhere and cant find nothing.
The life of a mm can vary widely. I have had some live 6 months and others live a year. Some people on these boards have claimed much longer. I think more often than not about a year can be expected. However, many males will stop producing sperm webs and lose fertility over time so if you want to use your male for breeding it is usually best to do so in the first four months or so of it's maturing molt. If you keep seeing sperm webs though, the male is probably good to go no matter what the age.

If you were referring to the entire life span from sling to adult, the answer varies even more. It depends on temps and food supply. I would expect a male parahybana under average conditions to mature in 2-4 years and live one year after its maturing molt.

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The life of a mm can vary widely. I have had some live 6 months and others live a year. Some people on these boards have claimed much longer. I think more often than not about a year can be expected. However, many males will stop producing sperm webs and lose fertility over time so if you want to use your male for breeding it is usually best to do so in the first four months or so of it's maturing molt. If you keep seeing sperm webs though, the male is probably good to go no matter what the age.

If you were referring to the entire life span from sling to adult, the answer varies even more. It depends on temps and food supply. I would expect a male parahybana under average conditions to mature in 2-4 years and live one year after its maturing molt.

i was wonderin this too as my MM LP hooked out bout 3 months ago and has refused all food and has now stopped making sperm webs :(

Franklin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a mature male thats been around 1yr and slowly going, but i will say from about 3-6+ years depending of how much you feed him

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a mature male thats been around 1yr and slowly going, but i will say from about 3-6+ years depending of how much you feed him
how much should u feed them? cause they eat like horse's compared to other t's lol