Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Everyday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How often do you mist your Lasiodora ? I know it's based on evaporation but this may be a good rule of thumb for L. Noobs like me

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why mist at all? If you need to increase the humidity just pour water onto the substrate thus soaking it. I have said it 100s of times....misting evaporates too fast and will not do any good therefore is a waste of time but I dont think anyone pays attention when I or anyone else says that.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with Brian 100%.

If its not a sling, misting is not effective enough to raise humidity overall. You can just pick a side of the tank to pour water onto and let that side stay wet and the other stay dry. I personally do corners of tanks. This soaking takes a lot more time to evaporate and works much better then misting. (and this applys to all species requiring higher humidity.)

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I completely agree with the 2 replies. I dont mist at all only over fill or wet one corner of any T's enclosure that needs more humidity.
Seems to work fine.

Mike

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I inject water into the substrate with a very long small diameter tube via a 3cc cattle syringe, at various depths, where needed. Works great! I have never misted, I gathered misting doesn't really do any good, from reading the posts on here.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just overfill my waterdish a bit and it'll stay moist enough. Misting is only effective with slings and arboreal Ts(which drink of the side of the walls the majority of the time).